Thread: JBER DM428 Draw :-)

Talking JBER DM428 Draw :-)

I guess I must be doing something right...drew one of 10 fall JBER tags :-) I'm already ready! Blew out my Superior Patella Tendon before Thanksgiving, so I'm working extra hard on rehab post surgery...need to be in bike shape soon!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I got drawn for that tag this last season and was fortunate enough to get a small bull. I'm stationed at JBER so I think I had a pretty big advantage. I scoured that entire area this last fall so if you have any questions feel free to message me. It's a great hunt and probably the fastest pack out I've ever done

Congrats I drew the later 427 hunt...Pretty stocked!

Quote Originally Posted by airborne3406 View Post
    I got drawn for that tag this last season and was fortunate enough to get a small bull. I'm stationed at JBER so I think I had a pretty big advantage. I scoured that entire area this last fall so if you have any questions feel free to message me. It's a great hunt and probably the fastest pack out I've ever done
    I will :-) I drew DM 427 13 months ago, so I know the Ft Rich side pretty good. This one appears more Elmendorf though.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ike' View Post
    Congrats I drew the later 427 hunt...Pretty stocked!
    I drew 427 and got a cow Jan 2015. It was a fun hunt, but lots of crunchy/noisy snow made it a hard hunt. At that time of year, the moose love to run into the woods about 30-40 yards and "freeze", so you have to keep looking and looking. I used a bike every day, come snow or shine, and it worked great. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    I drew 427 and got a cow Jan 2015. It was a fun hunt, but lots of crunchy/noisy snow made it a hard hunt. At that time of year, the moose love to run into the woods about 30-40 yards and "freeze", so you have to keep looking and looking. I used a bike every day, come snow or shine, and it worked great. Best of luck to you.
    Thank you sir, you too...Did you hunt the whole season?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ike' View Post
    Thank you sir, you too...Did you hunt the whole season?
    About 20 days. I think there were only four of us who were successful that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    About 20 days. I think there were only four of us who were successful that season.
    Yes, I think I saw a total of six Cow's taken last year in the stats...See/have any chances at Bulls?

Good tag Roger! I drew it 5 years ago and my wife drew it 2 years ago. That is a fun hunt!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I drew the late tag many years ago. Hunted in sub zero weather. Crunchy snow. Finally nailed a cow not far off the road on a steep hillside Below the road. Used some halibut ground line and a block to drag it whole up to the road and then a comealong to get it into the back of my truck. Love getting them home whole. This one was frozen solid by the time I made the long drive back to Nikiski.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Talk to the post wildlife officer. A wealth of knowledge.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.