Thread: Anyone have a Stone Glacier pack I can try on?

Default Anyone have a Stone Glacier pack I can try on?

Anyone willing to let me throw on their Sky 5100 or 7400 to test for fit? Maybe throw in a sand bag or two and see how the load feels.

Never thought I would drop this kind of coin on a pack..but heck, Ive been working two jobs all winter and am honestly feeling quite deserving Just want to make sure its absolutely what I want and more before pulling the trigger.

As far as I know no retailers carry these here in AK?

I live on JBER so would be willing to meet up in Anchorage or the Valley.

Thanks!
    I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

I have the Terminus id let you try out. It's an older now discontinue model. I'm pretty sure member Troutbum has at least one Stone Glacier pack maybe he will chime in as well. Let me know if you are interested
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

I have a 7400. It's adjusted to me, 5'9" and 160 lbs. I have the medium waist belt. I'm in ER. Call / text at 907-227-0869.
    Rob

I'd check one out also. Maybe at the forum gathering next Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a solo with every attachment you can get. It is the best pack I have ever owned for a use it for everything kind of pack. I am in anchorage if anyone wanted to try one on.

You may already know but there is a Sky 5100 posted on the swap and sell forum on this site.

Was your rifle propped on that pack or rock when you missed that ram last year opening day? 3 for 3 baby!!

Thanks guys!

Troutbum is going to let me check out his.

Mark
    I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    You may already know but there is a Sky 5100 posted on the swap and sell forum on this site.
    I did notice that..but I think he's only parting with the bag, not frame combo.

I have the 7400 and am 6 ft 210ish pounds. Large belt. Used it on a sheep hunt and a bear hunt last year. Had about 60# in it, very comfy. Not too many extras, but that is what makes it light. I have not loaded it up for and extended period over 80 pounds. I have walked for a few hours with it that heavy, and it seems to carry the weight well. The Barney's pack was better at handling the heavy load, but is much heavier. So, pick your poison. Let me know if you need to try it on.