Thread: Huntington's Die Specialties

Default Huntington's Die Specialties

About nine months ago I emailed Huntington's to ask when they'd have Woodleigh 220gr. FMJ back in stock so I could load some for my .300 H&H. I was told, "they are on a boat heading here now".

Fast forward to six days ago: I get an email from "Theresa" at Huntington's that nine months ago she received a note to set aside a couple boxes of these and to let me know they were back in stock if I still wanted them. I did, and do, so they are now coming to me. Also, Theresa broke down the two small boxes, placed the bullets into a plastic bag and the whole into a small flat rate mailer to save me some coin.

That folks, is good old fashioned customer service.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I've dealt with them on a number of occasions over the years. Always excellent service on hard to get products.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Hmmm, I wonder what they're tryin to hide.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Dealt with them for years. Good to hear they're still reliable and service oriented. Come to think of it, I must be a geezer now. Used to deal personally with Fred back in the 60's. My favorite rifle was built by RCBS as a favor back in 1972, and it's still going strong.

BB:

That must be an interesting story. What kinda rifle is it?

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Another shout out to Huntington Die Specialties. They have the 8mm Nambu brass and projectiles which are next to impossible to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    BB:

What kinda rifle is it?
    It's a 257 Roberts 3" built on a Rem 700 LH action with a Shilen match barrel. While they were at it they turned out a set of custom dies. Original stock was a basic Fajen, but I've long since restocked with a composite McMillan. In spite of many, many thousands of rounds down the pipe over the last 45 years, it will still break an inch at 100. Not the breaking 1/2" it did most of it's life, but I'm not changing a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    It's a 257 Roberts 3" built on a Rem 700 LH action with a Shilen match barrel. While they were at it they turned out a set of custom dies. Original stock was a basic Fajen, but I've long since restocked with a composite McMillan. In spite of many, many thousands of rounds down the pipe over the last 45 years, it will still break an inch at 100. Not the breaking 1/2" it did most of it's life, but I'm not changing a thing.
    That's really great, and I liked those Fagen stocks, esp. the ones with the comb and cheek piece.

I still have a Bishop stock on my 280.

It was in the 60s that I became a gun nut, but after a few years, it had to lay dormant due to other priorities.

BUT, since retirement I've been playing catch up, which is why I espouse 60s ideas, and some folks don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks
    SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

I just broke into a H4831 keg[20#], found the price tag still in it, $20.95 So Smitty I'm with you.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Score! I'm into my last keg, darn it all anyway. I'm assured that some of the new, slower powders are probably better, but I'm not going to switch from $1/pound to current prices before I have to!