Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting show sentenced for years of poaching

Default Hunting show sentenced for years of poaching

I'm glad he's going to prison. All were convicted but sounds like some got off easy. I'm just glad they were at least all convicted.
    l

a wise man once said "Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes"

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

forfeiture of that airplane hurt someone's pockets badly. Good.

How did these guys think that they'd not get caught? Either very brazen, very stupid, or maybe both?

For a crime such as this, these bast*rds shouldn't be allowed to hunt anywhere again in the U.S. EVER...!!! As far as I'm concerned they've lost that privilege....imo.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    For a crime such as this, these bast*rds shouldn't be allowed to hunt anywhere again in the U.S. EVER...!!! As far as I'm concerned they've lost that privilege....imo.
    What he said.

This seems like one of the more severe sentences for hunting violation sentences I've seen in a long time. Well deserved in my opinion. Too many times you see a 10 or 20 thousand dollar fine for hunting violations and everyone walks away with a slap on the wrist. Loss of an airplane, $75k in restitution, plus 16 months jail time is a pretty good sentence to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I agree 100%!

so.... whens the next police seizure auction... #TimeToGetaPilotsLicense lol

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

During his Dec. 28 sentencing, he was told he couldn’t hunt anywhere in the world for his five years of probation.??

So a State or Federal court way over stepping their bounds?

Analogy, Guy gets 5 DUI convictions so the Judge says he may never have a license in any state or country for 25 years? Will not stand up on appeal.

This guy got what he deserves, you can't undo the past but mainly, it exposes him for the self-serving, lying cheating thief that he is all to promote himself and boost his ego.

I'm not going to dig into the details, but federal law bars firearm possession from those convicted of a felony and/or misdo that carries a possible sentence of a year or more. There are exceptions (those are the details I'm not going to look into), but at first glance it appears that his firearm hunting days are over.
    Back in AK

There's ways around that also. A firearm as defined by the BATF&E has to be made 1899 and after. I own quite a few bolt rifles and single shot rifles made before that. In good calibers for hunting also.

He could bow hunt, muzzle loader, cross bow, etc. How does an AK judge make it illegal to hunt in say, New Mexico?

Quote Originally Posted by DoughNut View Post
    He could bow hunt, muzzle loader, cross bow, etc. How does an AK judge make it illegal to hunt in say, New Mexico?
    The Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/la...or_compact.htm
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

The problem is that guys such as these will go hunt his buddies Hunting lease in Mississippi & not have to worry about any game cops.

The fines might hurt but the Only part that will slow them down in hunting Illegally is the Jail time.

I will bet you there are MORE of these Super Hunters in our state doing the same thing This season.

He was a Fantastic hunter in his mind but then again Anyone can cheat.

Got what they deserved !!!!
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

What was his excuse for residency? Does he own 2 homes, or rent an additional place in Alaska? I have been trying to figure out how that mistake happens. Of course, gleaning from the article proves he made lots of intended violations, perhaps this was just another stupid decision.

Hippie, Thank you, I've not heard of that before, Member states, but the article says Anywhere in the world???

Quote Originally Posted by DoughNut View Post
    Hippie, Thank you, I've not heard of that before, Member states, but the article says Anywhere in the world???
    I did some googling of similar sentences and they all seem to have common language. The judge makes it a "condition" of their sentence(s).

No need for a Member Country agreement there.

Wish more cases like this had such parameters attached to them.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by the nikster View Post
    What was his excuse for residency? Does he own 2 homes, or rent an additional place in Alaska? I have been trying to figure out how that mistake happens. Of course, gleaning from the article proves he made lots of intended violations, perhaps this was just another stupid decision.
    I think he has family that lives in AK and may have been (at one time) a resident himself. It wasn't a "mistake", just a lie.
    It would be interesting to know if he was collecting a PFD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast