Thread: 200 Sportjet spare parts List

Default 200 Sportjet spare parts List

I have searched a little bit about a spare parts list for the 200 sport jet and just came up with spark plugs, belt and a spare fuel filter. Is this what most people carry or should I want to carry more items?
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by CRQAK View Post
    I have searched a little bit about a spare parts list for the 200 sport jet and just came up with spark plugs, belt and a spare fuel filter. Is this what most people carry or should I want to carry more items?
    Colin

Hi-

Spare parts if you are stranded? Im not sure about changing the sparks on the water...that may be tough...My mechanic hates changing sport jet plugs on my 2010 Jetcraft..

The only item that crapped out on me after 200 hours was a fuel pump. I think there are 3 of them on my boat. That sure does put an end to the day pretty fast... Now I have a kicker...

I also do not think you can hand crank our engines if the starter (easy to replace) or your battery goes bad.

M.

I have w wooldridge XL 20'10" with the 200 sport jet and it has a cover plate that takes about 15 Minutes to unbolt and spark plugs are right there I have a dual battery setup with isolator and shut off switch to lesson my chance of being stranded incase the battery dies.
    Attachment 88313

CRQAK-

Resend that attachment. I want to see that cover plate! Glenn has done a great job incorporating and designing his boats around the sport jet. I have his bucket hanging off my nozzle and it is a great improvement.

Mike

Ok. Ill get you a different picture.
    Colin

Mike is another picture. its not the best but you will get the idea.
    ColinAttachment 88316

Default Cover plate

Attachment 88322 Lets see if this attachment will work?

The plugs are still a major pain to replace without pulling the expansion camber. Can be done but just a PIA.

I would carry:
    fuel filters, racor if you have one and the merc
    low pressure pump
    belt
    fuel water seperating funnel

Most issues are fuel related
    North River and Phantom Boat Dealer
    Mecury, FNM Diesel Engine, Hagglund sales and service
    Prop, Impeller & Alumimum boat repair, customization, & metal fabrication.
    Visit www.akfrontierfab.com

Yep that cover plate is great. Glenn and the crew have it figured out and make getting to that engine easier.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Thanks guys.

The biggest things have already been mentioned, a 5/8 spark plug socket with a universal joint type swivel built in helps with the sparkplug job, a spare idler pulley for the serpentine belt is cheap and a good idea (or check and replace if it doesn't feel smooth ). Tps sensors can act up on higher hour motors and are easy the swap. spare exhaust hose incase you melt one from a plugged cooling system. Spare starter on remote trips isn't a bad idea but a little expensive, pull starting a sportjet is tricky. Rarely a coolant sensor will fail and report hot even on a cold motor, easy to see with a smart craft gauge, cheap part. Air compressors can fail on high hour motors, they are easy to replace but are expensive and bulky to carry as a spare. Oil level senders can fail and trigger a false alarm, small cheap andsuper easy to replace

That cover plate is slick. Can an older boat be retro-fitted with one or is there too much structural work involved to make it reasonable?

I would think it can be retro fitted but not sure. A quick email to Wooldridge and they will be able to tell you.