Thread: Vortex 11-33X50 Razor HD Reviews???

Default Vortex 11-33X50 Razor HD Reviews???

Looking at this slotting scope for its compact size however if anyone out there has a Alaskan review on it I would appreciate it. Happy hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK

How about any reviews on any of the vortex spotting scopes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK

Personally, I like the Zeiss straight-barrel spotting scope, but could never afford it. But, the ones that clients brought on hunts, we're exemplary. Ditto for the Swarovski spotters, but those dang things were heavy and way too bulky. If I were to choose, I'd say that Swarovski was a "pain in the ass" and that Zeiss "get's the nod". But, about Vortex optics and specifically Vortex spotting scopes ...... I like Vortex optics and I have no complaints about the 20x binos that I use when guiding clients in Arizona. However, in relation to mountain sheep hunting and especially Dall sheep hunting and/or mountain goat hunting, the upper range of the spotter mentioned by the OP is possibly (maybe) a little too low of power for evaluating animals at over 2-3 miles, depending on available light, humidity, dew point, vegetation, topography, et cetera.

I've got a higher power razor spotter than the model you mentioned but I really enjoy it. I can spot bedded moose from a couple miles away and is good for sheep as well. The 85 mm is heavy. It's not a long walk in kind of spotter. I would go with 65 mm. You will get good magnification and won't be quite so heavy. I'm not sure the 50 mm will have enough magnification to be good for anything over a mile away. But could be wrong I haven't looked through a 50 mm model. I did a comparison with the lower version of Swarovski, not the 3000 dollar model, and the vortex was very comparable.

I have the 11-33X50 MM HD Vortex Razor Spotter. It is a specialized tool for when I don't take my Zeiss 65mm or 85 Angled FL Diascope. It is very like and can work off of a pack. They resolute better than a lot of scopes and I would choose it over a 65mm Viper HD. However, a 65mm is a great middle power scope good for most applications. Sometimes you have to go super lite and then the little razor is in.

I've used one of a friends- I liked it, very nice. I've also got a Zeiss Dialyt-and I like that one too.

The big scopes are nice, but too bulky for my taste. I usually can't use powers over 35 or 40x due to mirage in most conditions.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit