Thread: Guide Recommendation: From Skilak Lake to Bing Landing's

Default Guide Recommendation: From Skilak Lake to Bing Landing's

I am going up to Kenai in the end of July. I would like to flyfish the section between Skilak Lake to Bing Landing's. I would appreciate any info or recommendation on guides. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Texfish View Post
    I am going up to Kenai in the end of July. I would like to flyfish the section between Skilak Lake to Bing Landing's. I would appreciate any info or recommendation on guides. Thank You.
    If you want to fish for Sockeyes, you don't need a guide for that. However, if you want to fish for Rainbow Trout and potentially catch a monster, call the boys at Alaska Drift Away Fishing.

D Ray Personal Guide Service, Silent Run, Roe Hard, or Alaska's Angling Addiction are all top notch Alaskan owned and operated guide services.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Alaska on the fly, know what is going on with fly fishing on that part of the river , SID

We (8) fished with guides, floated from Copper landing to Skilak Lake two year ago. I had an incredible day catching rainbow and char. This time I want to try the section of water coming out of Skilak Lake. We want more than just catching fish, we want to experience the beautiful scenery on the river. We stopped on the shore line of the Kenai before it enters Skilak Lake on our last trip. That scenery and the fishing there were priceless.

Thank you for the info.

2nd for D-Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by Texfish View Post
    We (8) fished with guides, floated from Copper landing to Skilak Lake two year ago. I had an incredible day catching rainbow and char. This time I want to try the section of water coming out of Skilak Lake. We want more than just catching fish, we want to experience the beautiful scenery on the river. We stopped on the shore line of the Kenai before it enters Skilak Lake on our last trip. That scenery and the fishing there were priceless.

Thank you for the info.
    If it's scenery you want, stick with the Cooper Landing to Skilak float. Below Skilak when you get to Dot's it's nothing but cabins and houses (not very scenic).
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    If it's scenery you want, stick with the Cooper Landing to Skilak float. Below Skilak when you get to Dot's it's nothing but cabins and houses (not very scenic).
    Even above Dots the scenery isn't nearly as beautiful as the upper river. Not to mention the sounds of all the power boats and traffic moving up and down the river. A good experience, but not as scenic and beautiful as the upper stretches imo.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"