Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOF nominees

Default BOF nominees

I would like to know what participants on the forum think about the two BOF appointees from Anchorage and Skwenta. Not sure if we can use their names so I won't until some else does. Is there anyone who thinks either should not be confirmed. And if so, why not? Am not interested in personalities or unsupported reasons. What are their strong points and what are their weak points? If this inquiry is not appropriate please disregard. It is not my intent to do anything that will embarras.

I need to do more research on Cain before giving an informed opinion. Payton should absolutely not be appointed in my opinion based on his proven bias

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    I need to do more research on Cain before giving an informed opinion. Payton should absolutely not be appointed in my opinion based on his proven bias

hoose35. Understand you want to research Cain. Can you give specific examples of Payton's proven bias?

Quote Originally Posted by onthego View Post
    hoose35. Understand you want to research Cain. Can you give specific examples of Payton's proven bias?
    Seriously? That's already been hashed out pretty extensively, no need to go there again.

Seriously? That's already been hashed out pretty extensively, no need to go there again.

Yes, seriously. I do not believe that it has been hashed out extensively. And I am interested in legitimate reasons for your position. What was posted by Fun was promptly taken down before most had a chance to read it. Perhaps this was hashed out earlier in posts I am unaware of. If you do not want to expand on your position, no problem. But I am interested in the subject.

Yes, seriously. I do not believe that it has been hashed out extensively. And I am interested in legitimate reasons for your position. What was posted by Fun was promptly taken down before most had a chance to read it. Perhaps this was hashed out earlier in posts I am unaware of. If you do not want to expand on your position, no problem. But I am interested in the subject.
    If you did not get a chance to read those posts, I suggest you do a search of your own. I will not dredge up those posts by said appointee. What I will say is, if the member meant what he said, then the bias is obvious. If he did not mean what he said, then I see that as a character issue. I want board members that say what they mean, and stand behind what they say. Either way, Payton is a no go for me

Cain (are we allowed to refer to him by his username here yet?), has shown his true colors on these forums and as such shown he would be detrimental to Alaskans as a BOF member.

I hope Funtastic saved that post which was "temporarily" deleted, before the previous BOF Nominee thread was locked.

If he did save it, it would behoove folks to seek out a copy of it.

The Skwenta nominee is a piss poor choice.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Cain (are we allowed to refer to him by his username here yet?), has shown his true colors on these forums and as such shown he would be detrimental to Alaskans as a BOF member.

I hope Funtastic saved that post which was "temporarily" deleted, before the previous BOF Nominee thread was locked.

If he did save it, it would behoove folks to seek out a copy of it.

The Skwenta nominee is a piss poor choice.
    what has Cain done to show his true colors on this forum? I really would like to know specific information pertaining to these two individuals. I plan to use reliable information in my communications to two legislatorscin my district.

what has Cain done to show his true colors on this forum? I really would like to know specific information pertaining to these two individuals. I plan to use reliable information in my communications to two legislatorscin my district.
    I just got a note from Hippie asking me to edit his post, as it was a phone-caused typo. He meant Payton.

Why don't you contact them directly then, and ask them what you want to know? I already told you that Payton has bias issues concerning different fisheries, the words come straight from the horses mouth. And yes, I will be letting my local representative know about these issues.

Default BOF nominees

Almost seems as if the OP is trying to lead the discussion down a dark road....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I just got a note from Hippie asking me to edit his post, as it was a phone-caused typo. He meant Payton.
    Thank you Brian.
    I did indeed mean Payton.

Thank you for correcting that.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Why don't you contact them directly then, and ask them what you want to know? I already told you that Payton has bias issues concerning different fisheries, the words come straight from the horses mouth. And yes, I will be letting my local representative know about these issues.

i don't know why you have an attitude hoose35. I have asked a legitimate question and if you don't want to provide information, I am
    ok with your decision. But your post has a hostility to it that is unnecessary. All I am looking for is information.

Gentlemen, is it possible that Gov proposed a slate of 3 knowing that each would encounter opposition, but the package may cancel out the objections? You hate my guy, I hate your guy, we both hate the third dude....... Sort of a circular firing squad. Give them all the opportunity to do the right thing, and let the Gov take responsibility for his choices.

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks there's a barb sticking outta that ball of roe.

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    Ok, I get it. Forget this thread. It obvious is not something that you all want to participate in. I am learning a lot about this forum.

i don't know why you have an attitude hoose35. I have asked a legitimate question and if you don't want to provide information, I am
    ok with your decision. But your post has a hostility to it that is unnecessary. All I am looking for is information.
    What hostility? I'm actually avoiding saying what I really want to say about the appointee in question, to look less hostile. I gave you the info I have on the candidate, what more do you want. He IS bias!!!!!!! I don't want a board member who wants to play sides. That's all the info I need to not like him as a board member. You are trying to make this about forum members and not possible board members.

Ok, I get it. Forget this thread. It obvious is not something that you all want to participate in. I am learning a lot about this forum.
    This forum is a great source of information, you just aren't getting the info you want. Sounds eerily similar to the attitude of another fairly new member who popped up out of nowhere during the last bof goat roping, and only posted in one sub forum. Like they had a particular agenda for joining the forum. Take a look at some of the other sub forums onthego, lots of good stuff there

This forum is a great source of information, you just aren't getting the info you want. Sounds eerily similar to the attitude of another fairly new member who popped up out of nowhere during the last bof goat roping, and only posted in one sub forum. Like they had a particular agenda for joining the forum. Take a look at some of the other sub forums onthego, lots of good stuff there

Yep.

Funny, they both use the same bait too.

After the last thread got locked you should ask in a PM, and then only then you might get the info you are asking for. As for me I have contacted my rep in support of 2 of the nominees, and nonsupport of 1. I have done my part.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast