Thread: June Fishing trip

Default June Fishing trip

I am planning on a June fishing trip for kings and most likley target pike as well. I am gathering information prior to the trip so I have somewhat of a idea. I plan on luanching at the Deshka landing and headed down river for a few days. I would like to explore Alexander creek. What is the king fishing like down there? I also plan on making a turn into the Yetna river and fishing Fish creek. Do I fish the mouth or head up stream and fish? what fishing hardware do people use? Spoons, Vibrax, plugs, bait? What about moose creek, Indian creek, Kutna creek, Lake creek and Kichatna River. I am looking for any useful information that will help since I have never been fishing past the deshka river. Whats the fuel availability?
    I will be using my 20'10 Wooldridge Xl with a sport jet. The boat has a Garmin gps/fishfinder and a garmin vhs. I just bought a capstan winch for just in case reasons. I will cary 50 gallons of extra fuel and any other items that I feel that should make its way in the boat.
    Thanks.
    Colin

Bug spray and head nets.

Quote Originally Posted by CRQAK View Post
    I am planning on a June fishing trip for kings and most likley target pike as well. I am gathering information prior to the trip so I have somewhat of a idea. I plan on luanching at the Deshka landing and headed down river for a few days. I would like to explore Alexander creek. What is the king fishing like down there? I also plan on making a turn into the Yetna river and fishing Fish creek. Do I fish the mouth or head up stream and fish? what fishing hardware do people use? Spoons, Vibrax, plugs, bait? What about moose creek, Indian creek, Kutna creek, Lake creek and Kichatna River. I am looking for any useful information that will help since I have never been fishing past the deshka river. Whats the fuel availability?
    I will be using my 20'10 Wooldridge Xl with a sport jet. The boat has a Garmin gps/fishfinder and a garmin vhs. I just bought a capstan winch for just in case reasons. I will cary 50 gallons of extra fuel and any other items that I feel that should make its way in the boat.
    Thanks.
    Colin
    Expect Alexander Creek to be closed to king salmon fishing. Deshka and Lake Creek will have opportunities for kings. If you can get up Fish Creek, head to Hewitt Lake for pike.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

maybe read the fishing regs before you head out??

I would not plan on getting fuel on the river.

I figured I would carry at least 50 Gallons of extra fuel. The boat will carry 48 gallons in the tank and I plan on filling up my fuel transfer tank in my truck just incase we decided to head up the Susitna. If i was running low I could swing into the landing and fetch some fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by CRQAK View Post
    Thanks.
    Colin
    You can usually get gas at Yentna Station and Skwentna. They have phones and you can call them. I would expect that Alexander Creek to be closed for Kings. Alexander has not been opened for quite a few years. If you are gonna be down that far on the Susitna, you can try and find your way into Flathorn Lake. It has lots of Pike. Hewitt lake is a long ways up the Yentna. But it is a fun run.