I'm trying to nail down the process of getting game meat home to Milwaukee, WI this September. I'm working on sorting out the logistics of an alternative to the Meat Express, in the event that his truck is full before my meat makes it aboard. (First come, first served.)
If you've brought meat home as checked baggage on a commercial flight:
1) In what type of container did you package your meat? (I see that the inexpensive fish boxes are common.)
2) Did you include dry ice?
3) Was the meat frozen solid before flying back from AK?
4) Was it fully cut/processed and packaged prior to flying home?
5) How long was your flight, and what condition was the meat in when you arrived home?
6) Does the elapsed time since the kill and climate/temperature during your hunt influence your packaging method in preparation for commercial flight?
Any tips or info you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!