Thread: Red salmon lake by skwentna moose population

Default Red salmon lake by skwentna moose population

Any clue on the moose population up by red salmon lake near Skwentna up the Yentna river? I'd like to take an airboat up there this year and do a little moose hunting but won't have a lot of time to scout since I'm have my first child in May. I'm not looking for a secret moose slayin spot, I just would like to know they are there even through its in a predator zone. I couldn't find any new ariel moose surveys

All you need is one right? Spend enough time there you have a decent chance at finding one. Not sure how many other people will be there.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

With all due respect, you're starting at the wrong end of the horse, friend. That's a question for an area biologist. You can find a comprehensive listing of all of them, by Game Management Unit, on our Area Biologist Page, which you can find AT THIS LINK. I just updated it a few weeks ago, so it should be current. While you're in there, and in case it helps, you might want to poke around in our hunt planning section. That's where the Area Biologist page is located. You'll see a menu for that section on the left-hand side of the page, when you get there.

The most recent Moose Management Report is a bit dated, as you mentioned. The area biologist will have the more current data you seek.

Best regards, and good hunting!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

don't tell anybody, but the place is full of em

Alright sweet that's what I needed Michael, I just needed the right tools to get my 'homework' done! And yes one moose is more than plenty for my family and friends who help usually. If anyone heads up the Yentna this year by plane, boat or magic carpet give me a holler if u don't mind me taggin along, I got plenty of gas money.