Thread: Grunden Weather Watch Camo

Default Grunden Weather Watch Camo

Hey, I just found this on the Grundens website.
    Does anybody have any experience with the Grunden Gage Weather Watch Camo Jacket and Pants. Supposed to be waterproof nylon with a breathable membrane inside. I know Grunden's has very high quality and is very durable. I hunt here in Juneau and need something for hunting here, hiking through the forest and up and down mountains, but am also going to Adak this year on a Caribou hunt. So I need something that can handle the heavy driving coastal and Aleutian rains.

http://shop.grundens.com/shop/jacket.../#.VrPvRLnSmAw Jacket
    http://shop.grundens.com/shop/new/ga.../#.VrPvaLnSmAw Pant

I have had the jacket and pants for 6 years in black that I took as packable rain gear sheep hunting. I only use them every so often now but have worn them in pretty heavy rain and never gotten wet. Now they stay on my little boat for backup. But I'd wouldn't risk it on your end.

Thanks for the input.

I had a buddy who just texted me about it last night and said that his were great, but only lasted about 2 or 3 trips through getting washed. Looking for something a little nicer I think.

I have had the jacket in black for a while and like it; however, I use it as a rain jacket in the car and occasional rainy hiking. I wouldn't count on it as my primary rain jacket for an extended period but have used as an extra layer of protection on a Kodiak hunt in days of rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just commented on your other post about the Cabela's before I saw this. I wear the Weather Watch pants all the time with a HH PVC jacket. I really like the pants, not real quiet but dry and comfortable. I may look into the Jacket myself now too as I wasn't aware they were available in camo. If the jacket is as good as the pants then for the price I'd say they'd be pretty hard to beat. You could buy a new set every year or two and probably still be ahead $ wise against the Kuiu or comparable stuff.
    The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

AkFreezerFiller, thanks! They look pretty good, just thin basic rain gear.

Ben XCR, yeah they have them in the Kryptek pattern. I'm glad your pants are working good. My buddy here says his pants and jacket didn't hold up very well to being washed. So that is a concern. Yeah, the Kryptek patterns are awesome, look good and are supposed to be super effective. Thanks for posting!