Thread: Rubber Boot for Hunting

North Pole, AK (Fairbanks)

Default Rubber Boot for Hunting

Sooo.....obviously XtraTufs were, or are, the standard do everything rubber boot here in AK. However in the last 2 years I've gone through 3 or 4 pairs. Needless to say I'm looking for something else. So my question to all of you is what do you wear for an all around rubber boot? I'm looking for something that I can hike in, that i can use for hunting in (muskegs, alpine and winter), that I can fish from shore in, and that I can use on the boat. The two most popular brands that I've heard are LaCrosse and Muck Boot. I've heard the alphaburly and aero head for LaCrosse and the woody Max and Sport for Muck. What I'd your guy's experience? Also what about Bogs? They have some hunting boots and I now here a lot of people started buying bogs instead of XtraTufs after the switch. Nowhere here in Juneau really has Muck Boots except Nugget Alaskan Outfitters, and they only had the Woody Max's. Several places carry the Bogs though: Western Auto Marine, Nugget Alaskan Outfitters and a couple other places. Nowhere has Lacrosse.

Thanks in advance.

I have both lacrosse and mucks. I use the lacrosse's in the summer and the Arctic mucks in spring, fall and winter. Mucks work great and are comfortable but they are too insulated for summer use. I just have the plain green lacrosse boots and they are comfortable and don't get to hot in them in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk