Thread: Rocket stove for camping

Default Rocket stove for camping

I'm pretty impressed with the Rocket stoves that i've seen on the net for the efficiency and ease of use. Immediately I started looking to see if i could find a portable stove to use in my Arctic oven. I have a barrel stove that works great but, it's heavy as all get out. I haven't run across a rocket stove yet that looks big enough to heat the tent, yet light enough to be portable to take on float/hunting trips. Have any of you seen anything that fits the description? Also have any of you actually built your own (of any size)?
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

No experience to report but a lot of internet research. My take on the rocket stove is that it is great for cooking but lousy for tent heating.

If you're wanting to heat a tent in winter you want a stove big enough to load up for a long burn, giving you time to sleep. The problem with most small light stoves is that they burn through the small load in a couple hours. If you go with a small stove, keep your sleeping bag in arm's reach so you can load it without getting out of the bag. The best stoves that are light too seem to be TiGoat and Four Dog.

I have a pretty good stove that I use. However it's extremely heavy. I just like the rocket stove because it has the core that remains warm long after it has burned out. Also the fact that you feed it vertically seems a bit easier than loading it super full and eventually having to open it up and adjust it or load more wood. Thanks for the input
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?