Thread: Checked our cabins after the quake

Default Checked our cabins after the quake

Went out to Gray Cliff on Sunday for a recon mission. Checked all 4 family cabins. No damage. (well except for the dining table that shook apart at my kids place) Plenty of stuff fell over. Didn't notice any problems at other cabins we went past. Could see cracks in the ice all over. Looking at the shaker map online, and our visual check has me convinced that it shook harder there than in Kenai and Soldotna.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    Went out to Gray Cliff on Sunday for a recon mission. Checked all 4 family cabins. No damage. (well except for the dining table that shook apart at my kids place) Plenty of stuff fell over. Didn't notice any problems at other cabins we went past. Could see cracks in the ice all over. Looking at the shaker map online, and our visual check has me convinced that it shook harder there than in Kenai and Soldotna.
    Yes, every indication is that it did indeed shake a bit more out north.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

At my house in sterling it didn't knock anything off the shelves and didn't even wake the kids up. Wife said a few drawers had come open on my tool box in the garage but that was it. I was on the platform and it was one wild ride out there

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

At Red Shirt Lake, we have post foundation 4 feet into ground and 4 feet above ground on one side of cabin. Few books knocked off shelf, items turned over in pantry, ammo knocked off shelf, pictures crooked. Shook more than O'Malley and Birch in Anchorage. Cracks in lake ice with mud squirts around edge.

I was at my cabin just past lake creek on the Yenta river when it happened everything got through it just fine.
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

At my shop in Nikiski, my tool box drawers came open and the box went over. Quite a mess. My toy hauler tongue came off the block so it is sitting low in the front.
    It was interesting seeing the cracks in the frozen earth at Gray Cliff.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Our place on the yetna didn't even seem like it shook inside, nothing out of place, very odd because a 4.5 a few years ago shook my mirror off my wall and broke it and this last quake didn't even knock it off.