Thread: kings in tannana mouth of chena?

Default kings in tannana mouth of chena?

when do the kings make it to the mouth of the chena? and what is a good setup or rig to catch them. this is my first time fishing for salmon. ive got a boat so ill be in the water as opposed to a bank. any help is appreciated

Default Anytime now

They should be here by the end of July. Check the link I have pasted. There is fish counters on the Chena and the Salcha. I would think that they will be late this year towards the end of the month. Fish the deep holes. Anchor up stream and drop wiggle warts back into the hole. Put the rods in a holder and wait for it to take off. They hit so hard, you would think the rod will break. Kwik Fish work good as well. I have tried the month and had better luck down towards nordale.
    Goog Luck. Here is a couple pictures of Chena and Salcha Kings.
    http://alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/Sonar/chena.html

Steve

Default thanks steve

those are awesome fish. im new to fishing and boating. so thanks for the help im going out tommorrow to recon my route. where do you put in at? i live on post so ill put in here most likely. thanks again

some guy i know had me buying yellow yarn and little glass balls for a rig? has anyone ever saw this?

Default Send me a PM

Shoot me a PM and we can talk off line. I will tell you a few places. I launch on post and at the Nordale ramp. for the Chena. For the Salcha I launch at the bridge.

Steve