Thread: Low Key Float Trips

Lightbulb Low Key Float Trips

Good Morning All,

I recently purchased an Old Town Heron 9 XT kayak and have taken it down Eagle River (Pulled out before rapids) about three times and out to Eklutna. I was curious if anyone knew of any slow going river sections that would make for a decent float trip, i.e. a 4 day weekend style. Clearly it isn't built for any kind of rough waters and I have zero desire to push the envelope.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I would recommend doing it in the summer but little sue is a fun float.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Moose or Kroto Creek off Oilwell Road to mouth of Deshka. Arrange for someone to pick you up at the mouth of the Deshka. Nice easy float you can do in 4 days.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Cariboumaster, where do you recommend putting in/taking out for the little sue? I have heard great things about that float

Greatly appreciate the information!

Longer float is to put in at parks highway bridge and float to state park, this is a 2 or 3 day float. There's an other spot to put in but I don't remember the name and it's a shorter float but still a long day float.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You can put in at the Schrock Road bridge and float to the Parks Hwy. It's a long and boring float closed to salmon fishing and the trout fishing ain't all that great. You could also float from the Parks Hwy down to Millers reach but that's a pretty short float.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle