Thread: Any experience using Kiado Ojamma bullet in .44 cap and ball?

Default Any experience using Kiado Ojamma bullet in .44 cap and ball?

I'm curious if anyone using this wonderful forum has ever used Kaido Ojamma VKV BG 456 240 grain flat nose bullets in any .44 cap and ball revolvers, in particular a Ruger Old Army or the Uberti Colt Walker? I've read allot of good things online about this bullet supposedly designed specifically for black powder cap and ball. In searching for either the LEE mold he got them to produce in apparently very limited quantities, or even precast from others with a mold...is proving to be like looking for the proverbial hens tooth. I'm just wondering if finding such a bullet is worth the time spend scouring the net? This question may well be more suited to the handgun section, or perhaps even shooting...but directly involves blackpowder, thus muzzleloading. Anyone? Thanks in advance for any much appreciated input.

Default Any experience using Kiado Ojamma bullet in .44 cap and ball?

Oops wrong thread...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I guess there are just not too many guys on here playing with cap and ball revolvers. How about I ask if anyone here has had any luck shooting ANY bullets (as opposed to balls) in black powder revolvers? I know this particular forum can lie dormant with no activity for months...anybody?

I just received a .44 cap and ball revolver for my birthday.(Thanks dad!)This will be my first foray into cap and ball revolvers.
    I ordered a .454 lee round ball mold to cast my own roundballs with.
    What I find with molds is if you can't easily find one then you have two options.
    One is to contact the manufacturer of the mold and see if they don't have one lying around growing dust on a shelf that they might be willing to let go of. Sometimes they held a couple back or later found a box of them and will sell them but do not have enough to list on their website.
    The other option is to be vigilant and watch eBay and Craigslist like a hawk and when you find one buy it for what they want. It probably will not be cheap but old molds like do come up from time to time. People oftentimes die and their stuff makes an estate sale and later eBay or the like.
    AS far as buying someones precast sign up on bullet casting websites and post there often a guy will sell a few to a forum member to try out and make a couple of bucks.
    Good luck and good shooting.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

If you have a LinkedIn account you can connect with him and ask him about the molds. Have a couple colts but have not tried his bullets