Thread: Better brakes on a cub

Default Better brakes on a cub

Ok, after many years of struggling with the weak brakes I'm ready to upgrade to something better. What are you guys using?

What do you have for brakes now? If you still have the old rubber lines I would replace them with SS hose first. AERO has some in stock. AK rubber will make all new SS lines any length you want for a good price. You just have to know what you want for ends. Airframes has the O rings to rebuild the boosters and Caliper for less than a cup of coffee. If you want to completely replace what you have AK Hunt has excellent advice as always.
    DENNY

Thanks, I've got the stock brakes that have been rebuilt a couple times and get paid a lot of attention as far as fluid level and bleeding. They've just never worked as well as I'd like and I'm hoping to do something better. I have stainless lines so that's not the problem.

Do you have the boosters? The Dakota brakes are really nice from what I have heard. I have a good friend building a cub and just installed them. I am going to be curious how they perform comparatively. If you don't have the boosters I would go that route first before I spent the money on Dakota's.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I ended up buying a set of Steve's brakes. Waiting on them to be installed now. I'll report on the results. From what I can tell there's nothing that beats the Dakota's, just thought for the cost Steve's will be adequate for my needs.

I have heard good things about those as well. Looking forward to hearing how they work out!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Drive in to Birchwood or fly over and go to Airframe's Alaska and talk to Israel. He can show you everything you to see and demo them for you too.

http://www.airframesalaska.com/default.asp