Thread: Trail info. Up clear creek

Default Trail info. Up clear creek

Trying to see if there is a good ATV trail going up the west side of clear Creek from north of the Talkeetna river confluence ? Need to go about 8 miles up that side. I've been told there is a trail...not sure if its ATV capable. Any honest help is appreciated..thanks

There is a trail but you would have a tough time on an ATV.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Thanks. What about snow machine up ? Not familiar with the creek....can you run it up that far on sno go ? Or if anyone knows a better way ?

Nobody can give you any specific information with out knowing where your land is. 8 mile up clear ck does not help.

I suggested you find out who your neighbors are on the lake and ask them. When you do set a time and date for everybody to have a trail breaking/fixing party or hire a pilot to fly you in.

more information
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...cks?highlight=

Thanks...this does not reference the old thread from 2014..this is just an inquiry for a different reason..not the same property. This one is on the water (Clear Creek ) just trying to see about navigating up on snow machine at this point due to a previous reply stating ATV was probably a no go. I know its possible Because the man who supplied me the info rode to it last winter...however I've lost his contact info. I have also found that some trail info. Is kept quiet.and I understand why...I would gladly take a PM for the info . if someone does not want it on the wonderweb ! My destination is an area just below the confluence of Bacon creek.

I don't want to sound harsh, I did not get a lot sleep last night. But Once you told me it was 8 miles up clear ck it took me 5 min to find out it is possible to snowmobile to the cabin site by way of clear ck and on a trail.

If you don't know how to find a answer to a simple question, that took me 5 min to find maybe you should stay in Pennsylvania. Your way over your head.

If you get in trouble the only way your going to get help is by helicopter.

Sorry

Well....it sounds like you need some sleep. Kindly block me or ignore my post..that should do you good. I've visited your state many times over 30 years...made friends and own property. I've found 99% of the folks I met personable. I've chatted with the people that administer this site..and they have been very helpful. My question was legitimate..and remains so. That being said...I'm a hard man that's lived an adventurous life..and I don't appreciate Internet tough guys. So kindly keep your thoughts to yourself if you can't answer the question in a respectful manner. I am still open to the information from. Any kind soul that may be able to help. Thank you.

Thanks. That is good info. I've talked to some folks that have hiked in that way to raft down clear creek. Looks like a fun time as well...pretty easy that way it seems. Hoping someone will pop up that is familiar with that trail from the river up.

Quote Originally Posted by joemama View Post
    Well....it sounds like you need some sleep. Kindly block me or ignore my post..that should do you good. I've visited your state many times over 30 years...made friends and own property. I've found 99% of the folks I met personable. I've chatted with the people that administer this site..and they have been very helpful. My question was legitimate..and remains so. That being said...I'm a hard man that's lived an adventurous life..and I don't appreciate Internet tough guys. So kindly keep your thoughts to yourself if you can't answer the question in a respectful manner. I am still open to the information from. Any kind soul that may be able to help. Thank you.
    Your right I do need more sleep and I should not have been so harsh... sorry.

When it took me 5 min to find what I assume you have been looking for weeks. I assume you were another young kid dreaming a impossible dream that going to get him self in trouble.

Fair enough. Share with me what you found..and I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in town. Life is filled with lessons....Ive got several friends that started out as a punch in the mouth..lol ! Tell me what you know , please.

Quote Originally Posted by joemama View Post
    Fair enough. Share with me what you found..and I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in town. Life is filled with lessons....Ive got several friends that started out as a punch in the mouth..lol ! Tell me what you know , please.
    The information is proprietary information, I will email you what I know.

Thank you !

The bottom line is that to get into the area below Bacon Creek is heavily dependent on snow conditions, ice conditions and if anyone has put in any sort of trail yet. Depending on the year, I have been out there by snowmachine by going up the intertie from the Talkeetna River, and I have been up there by going in by way of the trail that goes to Clear Creek east from the railroad, then traveling upstream from there. I have also dropped into that area from the west off the top of Curry Ridge. All of these rides were advanced level rides with several partners assisting in getting sleds unstruck repeatedly. In a big snow year, it's easy. In marginal conditions like we've had the last few years, really tough. With a couple dedicated friends, getting a trail into that area would be a little work, but definitely doable.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem