Thread: Pentax EF65 EDA scope w XW 14 eyepiece

Default Pentax EF65 EDA scope w XW 14 eyepiece

I just received my new scope today. The detail and field of view are amazing. I was a little concerned about the versatility of a fixed eyepiece such as this but it is actually very easy to use and extremely clear.

Thanks to Snyd and others who made me aware of this combination.

Add another satisfied customer to Doug's list at Cameraland.

Ya, no messing with a zoom. Just pop off the lense caps and POW! The big bright clear image hits you in face. I am amazed at how fine the focus can get. Congrats. I think we will be very happy with these scopes.

Default Very pleased

I too recently recieved my XW 14 eyepiece from Camerland for my Pentax 65 and tried it out this weekend. As an eyeglass wearer I'm especially pleased with the long eye relief, stable image, claity and increased field of view. I must say that quality/clarity of image trumps magnification.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglask View Post
    I too recently recieved my XW 14 eyepiece from Camerland for my Pentax 65 and tried it out this weekend. As an eyeglass wearer I'm especially pleased with the long eye relief, stable image, claity and increased field of view. I must say that quality/clarity of image trumps magnification.
    What other eyepiece(s) have you used with your scope? I must say, I would sure like to try one of the higher mag Pentax eyepieces someday for kicks. Like the XW 10 or even XW 7 or the XF 8.5. I bet the XW 10 would be pretty sweet at times.

Default side-by-side

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    What other eyepiece(s) have you used with your scope? I must say, I would sure like to try one of the higher mag Pentax eyepieces someday for kicks. Like the XW 10 or even XW 7 or the XF 8.5. I bet the XW 10 would be pretty sweet at times.
    Perry - I've got a zoom and I've been wanting to try the fixed 14 that you've been talking about. In fact, I just about ordered it myself for the eyerelief more than anything. My eyesite is not the best and my sockets sit a little deep. ...givee me a few weeks and maybe we can get together. There is a reason you all haven't been seeing much of me lately...And I assure you, it is a good one

I have not used any other eyepiece other than the zoom (yuk) that came with the scope and the recently purchased XW 14.