Thread: Hornady Concentricity Tool

Default Hornady Concentricity Tool

Any one use a concentricity tool? This winters project is to make my 300 RUM into the long range shooter it should be. It is an easy 1 moa gun and I like how it is set up. I would like a little better accuracy, so I am trying to tune my ammo now.

I have the ways and means to true up my brass, adjust the seating depths and fiddle with the powder charges.

What about the Horndady concentricity tool? Sounds like it should work. If your bullets pop out of the case differently, they will fly down the barrel differently and hit differently on target. Especially at extended ranges. Anybody have some experience with trued up ammo?

I have the Hornady Concentricity Tool.

While I use it to correct ammo that ammo is used to foul my bore and not relied upon as target or hunting ammo.

The first place I'd start is with the press and get a Forester Coax press.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I use the Hornady tool and it works well and it is precise. Going back to 1960, A. A. Abbatiello wrote an article published in The American Rifleman called "Gauging Bullet Tilt" which along with articles written by John Barsness convinced me it makes a difference. George Jacobsen of the Frankford Arsenal did similar testing about the same time after the 1959 national matches and his results were similar to A. A. Abbatiello.

So, from my seat on the bus, the straighter you can load the bullet the better.