Thread: Jeff & Tami Bara Fundraiser

Default Jeff & Tami Bara Fundraiser

Please share this with anyone you can think that would be willing to attend. While I did not know Jeff personally, he was good friends with one of my best. Very good people.

If you remember the plane crash where two Super Cubs collided midair here in the valley, Jeff was piloting one of the planes. The trooper piloting the other airplane walked away with relatively minor injuries. Jeff was not as fortunate.

So far in the auction is a brand new Bombardier 4x4, a trip for 2 to Italy and a weeks stay in a condo on the big island. There's going to be guns, fishing poles and lots of stuff donated for auction. All donations are tax deductible. They are going to have a form to fill out and advertising for each person that donates. The advertising is only going to be a thank you on the back of the program at the function, but legally that's all it takes.

Having been in the hospital enough in my life for family and especially my daughter, I can relate to this. It costs a person emotionally, physically and financially. If there is anything you can do, even if it's only attendance, every little bit helps.

Thank you,

Kyle

I can't make the date, but we can donate a couple of two night stays at the lodge that they can raffle, auction or sell off to help raise funds. Just send an email to alpinecreeklodgealaska@gci.net and Jennifer can get you a couple of certificates for it. This is tough stuff and we hope they get whatever they need to help them out.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    I can't make the date, but we can donate a couple of two night stays at the lodge that they can raffle, auction or sell off to help raise funds. Just send an email to alpinecreeklodgealaska@gci.net and Jennifer can get you a couple of certificates for it. This is tough stuff and we hope they get whatever they need to help them out.

Claude
    Claude,

I cannot thank you enough for your generosity. The contact email is bara.fundraiser@gmail.com. Joel and Mindy Stefanski are handling the donations and the tax forms.

Thank you,

Kyle

I spent a little time talking to Joel yesterday about this event. Sounds like it will be fun and help out someone in need. All around a win-win.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I spent a little time talking to Joel yesterday about this event. Sounds like it will be fun and help out someone in need. All around a win-win.
    It should be a fun and meaningful event. I am pretty amazed with the donations so far. Some really incredible stuff.

Thanks for the bump as well.

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    I can't make the date, but we can donate a couple of two night stays at the lodge that they can raffle, auction or sell off to help raise funds.

Claude
    Claude,

Thank you for following though on your offer. Offering help is easy, following through has become a rare thing these days.

Thanks again.

+Rep. sent.

-Kyle

Glad to help! I was hoping my wife got that sent over to you. Hope the even goes well.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

wife and I will do our best to make it to this event. I remember this event. I've even actually spoken to the trooper involved. Freak accident for sure. He is not sure to this day why he is alive

I just saw this thread. It's kind of a long drive from Texas so I guess I'll be missing the fund raiser. However, there are several Wells Fargo branches near me. I'll make it a point to go by one tomorrow and make a donation to help out in that manner at least. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery soon. Good luck with the event.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by TxYoteHunter View Post
    I just saw this thread. It's kind of a long drive from Texas so I guess I'll be missing the fund raiser. However, there are several Wells Fargo branches near me. I'll make it a point to go by one tomorrow and make a donation to help out in that manner at least. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery soon. Good luck with the event.

Wayne
    Wayne,

Oh come on it's not that far! Haha but seriously thank you.

Kyle

Just a reminder this is coming up tomorrow night at Raven Hall. It should be a pretty good time. There's some amazing stuff that has been donated for auction. My wife is tagging along to make sure I don't get too carried away......

I don't want to jinx myself but there will be a voucher for a sheep shoulder mount auctioned. I plan on chasing that one pretty hard. Worst case scenario I have to keep hunting sheep to use the voucher..........darn.

If you didn't make it, you missed an amazing evening! Over 600 people turned out. We're in line waiting to pay for a bid item.