Thread: Volvo duo props, F3 vs F4? .

Default Volvo duo props, F3 vs F4? .

Looking at a used seasport with F4 duo props, 5.7 engine 280 hp. Would there be a noticeable difference the two? Would it be an under performer with 4 passengers, full fuel tank and misc gear?

Being a factory set up its hard to believe but I guess it's possible??

Thanks

Jb

Can't say about the Seasport but when I had my 26 Osprey with a similar setup, I went down one size to get a better hole shot with full load of people, gear, etc. Makes about a 300 rpm difference in WOT. They're about $1000 a set and you ought to be able to sell the F4's, or keep for a spare set, just in case...

whatever you do make sure the boat/motor gets its full wide open throttle rpms as rated by the motor manufacturer. Thats with the boat fully loaded with whatever weight you think it will be fishing with, full fuel, ice, coolers, people, dogs,guns. In fact its better if you get 100-200 rpms over WOT because you know boats are like women they get heavier as they get older.
    One other thing keep the boat as light as possible because those duoprops don't like pushing weight.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I had a 2006 Seasport with the gxi and thought it was 270hp if recalling correctly. Factory propped it with F4's. After first shrimping trip with couple guys, full fuel and coolers and pots and lines and groceries and etc, etc, it was way slow up on step. Once up, it ran great, but never hit rev limit either.

Talking with the gents at Seward Heavy industrial--owner was a Seasport owner and fan--they suggested trying the F3's. It was night and day different. Think Ford Focus vs Mustang GT. Best advice I ever followed on that boat.

If you swap during the season--really worth takin it out with F4's, do the swap and the. Back-to-back run with the F3's--literally amazed at the difference. I kept the F4's in case I ever wanted to swap back. Never happened.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.