Thread: Fairbanks Retriever Club spring training classes!

Default Fairbanks Retriever Club spring training classes!

The Fairbanks Retriever Club is holding spring training classes again this year! For more information & registration, please visithttp://www.fairbanksretrieverclub.org/classes.html

2016 Retriever Training Classes!
    April 3–May 22, 2016 (includes indoor and outdoor sessions)
    Class Dates:
    April 3: Introduction and class outline. Equipment review and demonstrations. Location: TBA. Both classes meet together from 3:00-5:00 pm. NO DOGS AT THIS CLASS!
    April 10, 17, & 24: Indoor sessions. Retriever obedience, basic retrieve and other concepts. Meet at Camp Li-Wa Barn on Chena Hot Springs Road at your designated class time. Click here for directions to Camp Li-Wa.
    May 1, 8, & 15: Outdoor sessions are held in the vicinity of the Chena Lakes Flood Control Project. Both classes meet together fro 3:00-5:00 pm. Unless instructed otherwise, meet at the red gate to the project. Download PDF map to the grounds.

COST: $100 + cost of FRC membership. Membership is $30 single or $40 family. Sign up for membership separately. Class size will be limited. Preference will be given to purebred dogs approved by AKC to run licensed retriever hunt tests (see list below). If space allows, other gun/bird dog breeds will be accepted.
    REQUIREMENTS: Retrievers must be 3 months or older (at the first class) with current vaccinations. Classes will be divided into two groups, both covering the same material. One dog per handler. We will be instructing the owner/handlers on the basics of starting your dog for hunting and field work. This includes basic obedience, teaching to retrieve, and preparing the dog for more advanced training. The outdoor sessions will include land and water work (if water is warm enough).

Please note -- The first class on April 3rd will be held at Pioneer Hall in Pioneer Park (Alaskaland) in Fairbanks.

Any info on the class size and what the latest I can sing up is. Im not sure if I will be available but I really want to get my dog in on some basics.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

After April 3rd, we limit each session to 15 dogs & have 2 sessions each Sunday covering the same things. You can wait until the 3rd to sign up, but may be waitlisted if they do fill up. I'll try to remember to post on here if/when the classes are getting full. Also, it's best to come to all the classes as the next week builds on the prior week (with homework in between). Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
    Karen Wilson

There's still room in the classes! First session (no dogs) is this Sunday, April 3rd, at 3:00 p.m. at Pioneer Hall in Pioneer Park/Alaskaland. If you have questions, please contact Russ Hardy at 907-378-9745 or Todd Adams at 907-322-9850.

Karen

Wish I could attend!
    Any intel on similar events / clubs on the Kenai Peninsula?