It might just be that all I have owned since 1979 is RCBS but I couldn't find any 375 H&H dies without ordering on line, so I decided to just buy HORNADY CUSTOM GRADE DIES 2 die set Full Length.
Here is the question or maybe my lack of confidence in another company. I find it strange that Hornady's instructions for the resizing
1. die says to raise the press ram to the highest position without camming over.
2. thread the full length die into the press until the base touches the shell holder head.
3. tighten the lock ring against the press and tighten the set screw with the allen wrench.
Now here is where I get confused. note the difference in RCBS step 3 verses Hornady step 2
RCBS says to:
1. run the ram to the top of the reloading press stroke with the proper shell holder installed.
2. screw the resizing die into the press until it stops against the elevated shell holder.
3. all play must be removed from the system. To do this, lower the ram and turn the die 1/8 to 1/4 turn farther into the press. Check the adjustment by returning the shell holder to the top of its stroke--you should feel the press cam over center. Now set the large lock ring and your die is adjusted to properly full length resize cases.
Anyone know WHY the big difference?