Thread: Wascally Wabbit

Default Wascally Wabbit

Where are all of the rabbits in the interior? Want to take the boys out to murder some of the long eared varmints, but the cycle has seemed to be low for several years in the Fairbanks area. Anybody been seeing any in Delta/Donnelly Dome area? Thanks

"It's wabbit season, and I'm hunting wabbits, so be vewy, vewy quiet!" Elmer Fudd

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Where are all of the rabbits in the interior? Want to take the boys out to murder some of the long eared varmints, but the cycle has seemed to be low for several years in the Fairbanks area. Anybody been seeing any in Delta/Donnelly Dome area? Thanks

"It's wabbit season, and I'm hunting wabbits, so be vewy, vewy quiet!" Elmer Fudd
    Still low here. I've shot a couple...better than the last couple of years but we're not seeing the high numbers like 2006-2008.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

They are out in spades on my trap line. I cant keep them out of the snares and footholds. I have a pile I'm gonna tan here soon. I've seen a few in the donnelly area but the wind has just been unbearable to hunt out there almost all winter. It's blowing 40 or so again today.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.