Thread: Inboard owners BEWARE!

Default Inboard owners BEWARE!

Just wanted to tell any of you guys out there with an inboard of a negative experience that I had. I bought a 24 foot riverboat last April. It needed a new motor and after talking with my mechanic I decided to order a remanufactured one instead of having my old one rebuilt. Essentially I wanted a "new" motor" so I wouldn't have any problems. We ordered one through www.remanufactured.com. The bottom line is that, after months of waiting and after taking my money, this company shipped me my "new" motor. Except, instead of a new motor they took an old junk motor and spray painted it to look new. The motor ran for less than 20 minutes before dying. It is so worn out that even the BLOCK itself is unusable. My mechanic says the wear patterns on the cam shaft don't even BEGIN to show up until 80,000 miles. I am now stuck without a boat again and the summer is half over. If you google this company, there are many, many complaints. I just wanted to share this so no one else out there gets stuck with this problem.

Thats sucks, I hope you are able to find an engine and get it in before the end of the summer!

There should be some kind of warranty on in. Have you been able to get anything out of them?

Default No response

The company has the worst customer service ever. I called and they refused to acknowledge their conduct. Most of the time you get a voice mail. They have over 30 lawsuits pending against them in Illinois alone (I complained to the Illinois Attorney General). There is no warranty...my local mechanic is GREAT and he is building me a NEW engine out of his own pocket. But as for www.remanufactured.com. they wont do a thing.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It sucks when you get caught up in bs like this. I hope it all works out for you and you get the chance to spend some time on the river. Chances are this thread will be edited but I still feel for ya. Hope to see you on the river.

Thanks for letting us know. I run an inboard and the day is coming.

How did you pay for it? If credit card they can help.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Thumbs up bad deal

sorry to hear about that. hopefully you can find a way to put the screws to them.

A year and a half ago I bought a reman 460ford longblock for a my 25' woodrige from a place called remanufactured-marine-engines-.com. Pretty sure its a different company.

Anyhow it came with a one year warrany the cam of my choice, and after shipping and a core charge I got it to juneau for $2200. They got me a way better deal on shipping than I could get on my own. they are located in wahington. They had outsanding customer service and I only got ten hours on the motor but am happy with the whole deal.

May I suggest that all how read this thread send an e-mail to this company letting them know that we know of their bad business practices and that we will share this to all of our boating friends.

Default Credit Card

If you paid with a credit card contact your CC company. Explain the problem and tell them you want to dispute the charge. Often, if you have a legitimate claim they will credit your account. The key is to make sure they know that you tried to deal with this directly with the company already but they have been unresponsive.

If looking for a reman engine try jasper. They are the best for reman engines. Don't know if they do marine. But I would assume they do.

I would also be contacting a lawyer! Good luck.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/