Thread: Honda Pioneer 500 - Anyone using one thoughts?

Default Honda Pioneer 500 - Anyone using one thoughts?

Hello all,

I am curious if anyone is using a Honda Pioneer 500 SxS? They look interesting because they will fit in the bed of a full size truck. I would mainly be using this for taking the kid out (otherwise I would be using a Foreman), hunting and dipnetting.

I took a good look at one but decided against it. My main concern was the inability to counter lean in steep terrain. That, coupled with the short and narrow wheel base made me go with a foreman.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

I currently have a foreman that I use all the time. Just figured the 500 pioneer would be good for the wife and kid to use or when i go to chitna.

I looked at those for the business also but I think they will be getting a bunch of law suits for rollovers just like the old Yamaha Rhinos. Too tall and narrow and the wheel base
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by oatzy View Post
    Hello all,

I am curious if anyone is using a Honda Pioneer 500 SxS? They look interesting because they will fit in the bed of a full size truck. I would mainly be using this for taking the kid out (otherwise I would be using a Foreman), hunting and dipnetting.
    The commander was amazing in Chitna. Came out with 60 fish two guys and a camp. On the trip out it was even raining. It was still sketchy, but I didn't feel like I was going to flip off the cliff as easily as the Forman. Low range and just let it crawl.

image.jpg