Thread: Seward - Buyers beware

Default Seward - Buyers beware

The last thing is to see people get ripped off. So I will go out on a limb here and post this link. Take it for what its worth.

We will still want you to come fishing with the other 99% of fishing guides that do not steal from their clients.

*link removed by admin*
    Last edited by Brian M; 01-19-2016 at 14:46.

Wow.. The deposit thing always made me wonder. I know it's important for businesses, but when things go south, they really go south.

I really do not know the whole story on this. That's why I said "For what it worth"

Maybe there is nothing to it..... But those reviews are pretty specific.

I hate do to this, but I had to delete the link, as we do not allow negative comments about businesses. I don't doubt the reports that were linked to, but on the chance that they were in fact inaccurate and because the business in question is not here to tell their side of the story, we have to adhere to our forum rules on this one. If you would like the name of the charter in question, feel free to send a PM to AKCAPT. If he doesn't have the time to individually respond, I am willing to field the same questions and will refer you to the deleted link.

The short story is that a very large deposit was not honored, nor was the deposit returned. Again, if you want to know more, please continue the discussion via PM.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

No problem Brian, I had some reservations about posting it, but after I did, I heard from several parties that booked trips and paid and then there was no boats or services provided and thousands of dollars were not returned.

I only posted it as a service to inform potential clients from getting more of the same. That kind of unscrupulous behavior really hurts legit guides and outfitters.

I guess it is safe to say that looking at Trip Advisor or Social Media, before booking a charter in Seward ( or anywhere) might be a good idea.

Hello everyone my name is Marc and I run a fishing website as well. I do know the story because it was my members who were shafted. To honor Brians request for letting me on the board I will ONLY discuss the particulars via PM and without mentioning the name of the operation in a public forum I will say that I sent 23 individual checks with a total of $ 11,500 and we were scammed BIG TIME. Thank God I held on the balance of $ 11,500 which was returned to my members. What makes it further amazing to me and my members is we used this outfit in 2012 and 2014 without a hitch and then all of a sudden in 2015 something seriously went wrong. I will share ALL info asked of me via PM. On trip adviser it certainly seems to be a pattern of awful service and missing $$$$$ starting towards the fall of 2014 and well into 2015 in both Alaska and in Mexico. This much I will say is HE HAS SCREWED THE WRONG GUY. My members are DESTROYING his already tainted reputation on Trip Adviser and I have the Federal Postal Police involved as well. I and about 300 of my members will be writing to the Alaska DA and the WA DA because that is where this individual cashed our checks and lives.

I hope to be a productive member on this site but I feel it is necessary to get the word out

I will accept PM's on this subject and will be happy to accept phone calls as well

Regards

Marc

I like that about this site, trying to protect the owner/operator side, just in case, but man, these types of threads are a good read on other forums where you're bored and it's raining. Maybe try throwing this up on the Hull Truth, lots of viewers there, especially if he operates in Mexico. Sorry to hear about you and your friends/clients.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

I would like to say with confidence this operation in question is the exception in Alaska not the rule. This crime that was committed was to take place in Mexico but the same person also operates out of Seward. I feel bad for the Captains he has working for him because they are nice, knowledgeable hard working people. I am hopeful that these trip advisor reviews will cost him 50 times the amount in lost revenue. If and when he is convicted of the "alleged" crimes I will ask Brian if I can name the operation and owners name on this board until then please PM me for info. Bye the way half of us wound up going to Mexico anyway and taking a financial hit and having an amazing time

I have started legal action with the Postal Police and have been advised I should no longer comment and let them do what they have to do. I will not answer PM's either

Sorry

Message For Captain Andy

Please check your PM's

Just google Seward pacific fishing charters

The Business in question "appears" Out Of Business now because all his KNOWN websites are down. Obviously the heat is on. I have no issues giving his name to anyone who wants to know just in case he resurfaces under another business name somewhere in Alaska. I am confident the LAST place he will show his face is Seward

Send me a PM for further info