Thread: Is Prince Of Wales Island to be my destination? It sounds good!

I'm retired and live with my partner in a caravan. Fish all over Australia

Default Is Prince Of Wales Island to be my destination? It sounds good!

I would appreciate some body from POW replying to this thread so I can discuss coming to the Island for 4/6 weeks. I need some info on where to go, where to stay and vehicle hire while there. One of your prominent Threaders has advised me that this is a likely place for me to spend a few weeks fishing. I value his opinion and would like to follow up on his recommendation. I need some contacts on the island to discuss my trip further. Local knowledge is definitely important. I'm looking to fish as many river/creek systems as I can. Roads are limited I know but I'm keen to come.

Check out "Coffman Cove Lodge". It or something similar may be what you're looking for.

I know Prince of Wales Island pretty good .... Questions ?

The roads are not as limited as you might think. The entire island is within the Tongass National Forest and there are forest service roads everywhere. You can purchase a waterproof map just about anywhere once you hit the island. Good access to alot of water. I recently check with the folks at Coffman Cove and it sounds like they are booked through 2017 at least during the peak hunting seasons that is. Thorne Bay Lodge has 3 large rooms available and is set up in a convenient location. Most lodges will set you up with a truck and access to a small skiff. If your fishing strictly fresh water, I personally would opt to rent a truck with a topper and just go until i got tired of fishing and then crash in the back of the truck. Maybe spend a few nights in the hotel to freshen up. Klowac and Craig have a couple places to stay.