Thread: Advice needed for raft

Default Advice needed for raft

Which brand of rafts do you recommend for stowing on your ocean boats. I am looking for advice for a 8-9' raft to stow on roof of a 24' fiberglass boat. which you can mount a kicker on, tough material, bench seating. And not too heavy.

Jb

Hypalon. The last time I priced them at the outdoors show, they were cheaper than PVC, a real turn of events as they were always at a premium to PVC boats. Avon makes a good one.

Man tough question! How much do you want to spend, and how much do you want to haul in it.I just went on a hunt out of Sitka we used a 10ft with a electric motor it worked great. We never had to run far, if you were going to have to run far electric would not be the way to go.

I have two aquos inflatable off Amazon one is 11ft and 5 years old not one issue and other is 8ft 3 years old and lots abuse from riding on top of the boat and going to shore and I've yet to have any issues. Best bag for you buck. They come with aluminum floors. You can find them on Amazon.

1.2mm PVC 10.8'inflatable Boat Fishing Boat Tender Dinghy Raft Zodiac Avon Type https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZQRIZ3G..._00oNwbV6E25B2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Thanks for the info, really appreciated!!

Gary King Alaska Series are awesome.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Agree with Gary King series being a great quality raft. If your looking for less expensive Alaska raft & kayak carry Inmar brand. They make a very high quality tender. Mine fits perfectly on my 22' boat, accompanies my Yamaha 2.5 with its rigid transom. Also has optional aluminum floors and nifty oar locks. And best for me: able to get it back on the roof solo with no problems. Works fine with the 3 in our family + 55ib golden retriever. About 1k for the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the Gary King solution. He is local, and supports his products. I think he even says they have a lifetime warranty. I have had a valve seal fail, and he just hands me a new one. In the past, his prices at the spring boat shows in Anchorage were much lower than on his website. I think I have the 9' version with an inflatable floor, and it weighs in at something like 50lbs.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

I use the Zodiac zoom and cadet all year long, on and off the main boat. PVC cheaper than hypalon but takes the year round use. Read up on the internet abut a raft sitting on the roof of a boat in the sun not being used. Seems pvc was better than hypalon in that regards. I could be wrong but my PVC is holding up fine.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Thanks again, I will look into the Gary King models.

I've been contemplating the PR49 raft from pristine ventures for going ashore and for hiking up a stream and floating back. Super light and can use it in the salt and for Atv trips, sheep hunts. No motor though. I know it's about $1500 but I can use it in a lot of different ways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk