Thread: Winter parking lot Nancy Lake SRA

Default Winter parking lot Nancy Lake SRA

Trying to do some route planning and trying to figure out where the winter parking lot is on the Nancy Lake highway in the park is. What trail head is that where you can not drive so far before it turns to the snow machine trail? Thanks and also wondering how the snow and ice is going to Red Shirt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking to hike to red shirt. Is the best route the red shirt winter route?

Winter trail head is a couple miles down the Nancy Lake Road on the left. Its where they stop plowing in the winter. You would have to hike the road to south rolly and then follow the winter trail in off the end of the lake. Haven't been out there this year, but trail conditions elsewhere in Willow are rock hard and ice is plenty thick. Easy walking I would think.

Hey thanks! Looking at hitting the trail early tomorrow morning. Appreciate the response.

Made the trip out to Red Shirt over the weekend. Trails were solid and smooth and easy walking dragging the sleds. Ice was about 23 inches thick. Fished near cabin 4 with no luck but had a great time out in the woods and in the cabin. Just an update if anyone else is planning a trip out.