Thread: WTB Lee six gang 175gr 40 cal cast bullet mold & 401 sizer.

Default WTB Lee six gang 175gr 40 cal cast bullet mold & 401 sizer.

Title say it all. Bullet mold and the lee bullet sizer. I am kinda going in a different direction here. Everything I have and use is RCBS or Lyman. Thought I would like to try the Lee products for cast bullets. Thanks for looking.

Well that was fast. No longer need the sizing die.

You can get that mold from Titan reloading for $38. You will need a set of Lee handles if you don't already have them (about $14). The Lee 6cav molds cast very well. There is one small mod you need to make. Drill and tap a small hole where the sprue plate opening lever pushes on the mold and install a set screw sticking out just a bit for the lever to push on. This will prevent wear on the mold. Also get a hot plate and pre heat the mold after cleaning the mold and lubing the alignment pins with synthetic 2 stroke oil before each use. Also before the first time you close the mold make sure there are no rough edges on the bottom of the sprue plate. Best to remove and polish the bottom and edges with a fine whet stone. Lee molds are made from fairly soft aluminum so they damage easily but can last a lifetime if cared for and they make a pile of bullets in a hurry. I have a lightly used one I would sell for $32 if you don't want to wait to order one. I no longer shoot 40. Or if you want, you can stop by and cast a few with it and see first hand how they work. PM if interested.