Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maw charged

Default Maw charged

Dr Roland Maw was charged today with 13 felonies of theft and unsworn falsification and 4 class A misdemeanors in Juneau. Class A felonies are punishable with up to five years in prison for each charge and a hefty fine for each charge. Class A misdemeanors are up to one year each with lesser fines. No gloating here! It is a sad day for a 72 year old man and his family.

You are fast! Now we know you are the last one to ever gloat. I have been pushing for him to be gone, and now he can hang out with the Brown's.

And this has to do with Fisheries Management how?

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post

Gloating.

. .
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Is that a type of fish, or a Management style?

Quote Originally Posted by Questairtoo View Post
    It is a sad day for a 72 year old man and his family.
    Wait, you have a family?

You and hippie are very obtuse. Everything that Dr Maw had written regarding fisheries management ( and there have been many papers he has produced) and has signed as a PHD and any thing he has said will be subject to heightened scrutiny should he be convicted of crimes involving truth and veracity. He has penned his name and therefore staked his reputation on many papers and has made many assertions on fisheries management as a so called expert that, if convicted, are subject to question because of questions concerning his credibility. And they all favored or ended up advocating something to enhance the organization he represented.His current, past, and future credibility will be forever damaged if convicted. I was not going to say anything else but the news of the charges, but you and hippie were so arrogant in your replies I decided to lay it out for you.

I am not obtuse! I am a Commercial Fisherman, and a Disabled Veteran! As far as I am concerned Maw should have nothing to do with anything in Alaska. So again I can't see where charges have been filed, but if they have been great! Now all we need is for charges to be filed on every public servant that has gone to the Kenai Classic for free! So where do you fit in Quest?

You and hippie are very obtuse. Everything that Dr Maw had written regarding fisheries management ( and there have been many papers he has produced) and has signed as a PHD and any thing he has said will be subject to heightened scrutiny should he be convicted of crimes involving truth and veracity. He has penned his name and therefore staked his reputation on many papers and has made many assertions on fisheries management as a so called expert that, if convicted, are subject to question because of questions concerning his credibility. And they all favored or ended up advocating something to enhance the organization he represented.His current, past, and future credibility will be forever damaged if convicted. I was not going to say anything else but the news of the charges, but you and hippie were so arrogant in your replies I decided to lay it out for you.

I am not obtuse! I am a Commercial Fisherman, and a Disabled Veteran! As far as I am concerned Maw should have nothing to do with anything in Alaska. So again I can't see where charges have been filed, but if they have been great! Now all we need is for charges to be filed on every public servant that has gone to the Kenai Classic for free! So where do you fit in Quest?
    Not being a public servant, I do not fit in. But nice try at deflecting the question of what these charges have to do with fisheries management. I assume you now understand their relevance.
    Thank you for your service MGH55. Disabled Veterans are real heroes in my book.

I hope we can get charges filed on anyone that has bribed a public servant too! So again where do you fit in? We could talk over lunch. Lunch will be winter king, fried spuds, and green beans with a cold beer

Everything that Dr Maw had written regarding fisheries management ( and there have been many papers he has produced) and has signed as a PHD and any thing he has said will be subject to heightened scrutiny should he be convicted of crimes involving truth and veracity. He has penned his name and therefore staked his reputation on many papers and has made many assertions on fisheries management as a so called expert that, if convicted, are subject to question because of questions concerning his credibility.

BOF members and politicians should be able to separate truth from lies. That's their job.
    Is this how they are supposed to do that? Hire investigators to dig into every aspect of someone's personal lives, rather than investigate what is presented to them? Is this why you hired private investigators to look into Maw? Is this why you did the same to Ruffner? Why did you burn Ruffner anyways when he came up clean? I'm not defending what Maw allegedly did, but IMO what you guys do - illegal on not - is much more shameful.

He has no more relevance than any other person that has no morals! If he is found guilty lock his ***** up. Next! Let's get the rest of them too!
    Not being a public servant, I do not fit in. But nice try at deflecting the question of what these charges have to do with fisheries management. I assume you now understand their relevance.
    Thank you for your service MGH55. Disabled Veterans are real heroes in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    Is this how they are supposed to do that? Hire investigators to dig into every aspect of someone's personal lives, rather than investigate what is presented to them? Is this why you hired private investigators to look into Maw? Is this why you did the same to Ruffner? Why did you burn Ruffner anyways when he came up clean? I'm not defending what Maw allegedly did, but IMO what you guys do - illegal on not - is much more shameful.
    if you have any evidence to support your claim that I hired private investigators to look into Maw or Ruffner, produce it or once again be branded as not being truthful. Your accusations don't pass the B.S. test. And they suggest that you have credibility issues yourself. I think that you will be able to drop the "allegedly" soon.

I would say you have to prove who you are! Smithtb thinks he knows who you are, and P I's have been used to dig up lots of dirt! Is this the main reason you don't want people to know who you are? Because of what might be in your past too? If he has the evidence, and your name do you want him to share it all?

I have no idea who Quest is. It really doesn't matter. When I address him, I simply assume he represents Penney and the syndicate crew. And I know they investigated Ruffner and Maw. I have no proof, only first hand accounts from one of their subjects who has not been deemed untrustworthy through their extensive investigation. Come to think of it, I'm insulted that anyone would question my statements, as I have not been indicted for anything... yet.

Disabled Veterans are real heroes in my book.
    What book is that? Is it a short story? Ha!

Thanks for your service MG.

I would say you have to prove who you are! Smithtb thinks he knows who you are, and P I's have been used to dig up lots of dirt! Is this the main reason you don't want people to know who you are? Because of what might be in your past too? If he has the evidence, and your name do you want him to share it all?
    i am surprised that you think that I have to prove that I did not hire investigators. So in your book when someone is accused of something underhanded they must prove they are innocent? So let's see: I think that you should prove that you never committed adultry. Or that you have never lied under oath. Please show me the evidence to prove you did not do those things. And on a forum that does not require identification and encourages anonymity why should I identify myself to anyone. Particularly some of the rascals here.

I read somewhere that the average person commits 3 felonies a day.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

You did not get it right again! I never said you did or did not hire anyone! I still have some friends that can see if you or I can hold a top secret clearance, If that would make you feel better! Are claiming to be a rascal? I can get the court records for when I was under oath we can go over them any time you want to meet! As for the adultery thing I can spell it because I did it! It was with my wife if that is ok with you.
    i am surprised that you think that I have to prove that I did not hire investigators. So in your book when someone is accused of something underhanded they must prove they are innocent? So let's see: I think that you should prove that you never committed adultry. Or that you have never lied under oath. Please show me the evidence to prove you did not do those things. And on a forum that does not require identification and encourages anonymity why should I identify myself to anyone. Particularly some of the rascals here.

First tbsmith and others - do not attack Questair on this. He just posted what is in the paper. Dr. Maw is a public figure given his public involvement in the Board of Fish process and appointment. That means he is open to public involvement and if someone wants to hire someone to look into his background they are doing a service to the State if the findings are valid. If you put your name in for a government appointed position you are open game for being looked at closely.

Next, we know Dr. Maw pleaded out in Montana. That was validation that he did something that would make him suspect on the Board of Fish and therefore the State was well served. Ruffner was clean and nothing kept the vote from happening. Yes KRSA lied and used political influence and they should be held accountable for that but it is not illegal.

Relative to these new charges we must remain "innocent until proven guilty" and let the court process proceed. However, again it is O.K to post this information on this forum but we should leave it at that and not make any conclusions. I would say that Questair did nothing wrong in posting the information. The role of a public figure is open to discussion but not on this fishery management forum other than what Quest posted as the reason for his making the news available.

I do not like a lot of Questair posts and when I do not I say so but it serves no purpose to assume everything he or she posts is wrong or what the motive it. It also is not wise to accuse someone of doing something without proof.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast