Thread: **NEW MODEL** Arctic Oven Igloo

Talking **NEW MODEL** Arctic Oven Igloo

Alaska Tent and Tarp has been working to create a new model of Arctic Oven that addresses the specific need of more space with less weight! We are proud to introduce our Arctic Oven Igloo model! Weighing 35lbs, this tent assembles in about 20 minutes with five heavy-duty flexible aluminum poles. It is designed in a dome format which when guyed out, will take very high winds and snow loads. Be sure to take a look at our new website www.arcticoventent.com for more information and sign up for our email list to keep updated with all of our new products and promotions!

Chris Gipson
    Alaska Tent and Tarp
    (907)456-6328
    www.arcticoventent.com

Does any member here have any experience with this particular model? I have an AO 12 with vestibule that I am considering replacing with the igloo.

I do, I like the tent, I am not too impressed with the poles, they do not seem to like to slide through the straps to erect the dome, I found that it take two people to install the poles I am looking into hooking some small carbiners to the straps to make pole install easier. I do not have any experience with the AO12. It is roomy for two people and the stove and would start crowding with 3 and a stove

AK tarp and Tent should use industry standard clips instead of the "two man" loops...bad business decision !
    I love the tent...just not the pole system.

I have the AO 10 and 12x14 wall tent.

thank you. I have the AO 12 with vestibule, floor saver, footprint, and a 2 dog wood stove. I am the only person ever in the thing and it has only seen about 20 days use total so I am considering downsizing. I usually have a stove, cot, small table and a chair in the tent. I am only 5'7" so there is just no need to heat a tent that is 7'2" tall. I want to pull the trigger on an igloo but hate to buy without actually seeing better pictures of the inside....preferably with people in it lol. AT&T told me if I bought one and did not like it I could send it right back for a small restocking fee but I would also be out probably 150.00 in shipping to get it back to them as well. Ohio is a long way from Alaska.

I will agree on the pole sleeve issue. Also have had a few issues with the inner metal pole sleeves slipping back into the pole. Has always been easy to fix at the time though. I'd give the igloo 4/5 stars because of the aforementioned items. It has plenty of room for 2 guys on cots, their gear and a stove. I like it a lot. Has just slightly less floor space than a AO10, but is significantly lighter and sheds the wind really well.

Thanks for your input bairdi. I talked with AT&T about the pole issues and evidently they had some trouble with the first pole vender they used so they have switched to a different manufacturer of their poles.

I need to get my AO 12 with vestibule listed for sale so I can get the igloo ordered.

Ordered a new igloo in multicam today. Should be here in a week or so. Looking forward to it arriving.

Last edited by Nodrama43; 01-09-2017 at 18:25. Reason: Duplicate post

exact same one I got