Thread: 2016 Brooks Caribou Flyout

Default 2016 Brooks Caribou Flyout

I'm probably late getting this started, but my dad and two brothers are going to fly up here to do a flyout caribou hunt this fall. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it done without spending a small fortune. I originally planned on doing it out of Happy Valley but someone mentioned just flying out of Coldfoot since they have bigger planes and could take all of us up at once which would be cheaper overall. Does anyone have experience doing that? From what I can tell, we'll be spending $2000-2500 per hunter for most of these outfits.

Also, we don't really care where we go as long as there is a good chance of seeing caribou. Like I said, there will be 4 of us. We'll be starting the drive from my house in North Pole. Any recommendations on who to use or who not to use would be greatly appreciated!

If you are considering Coyote Air, you better get on it. They do not take many new clients and maybe are booked. Let me know if you have questions about flying with them.

Eagle River, AK

You are running late for this year. Another option might be 40-mile air out of Tok if they are not completely booked.