Thread: Asian Seafood Raised on Pig Feces Approved for U.S. Consumers

Default Asian Seafood Raised on Pig Feces Approved for U.S. Consumers

Last edited by Daveinthebush; 01-12-2016 at 13:26. Reason: Commercial posting in signature line.

Never, NEVER, buy fish or meat from Asian countries, especially shrimp. Not only are they raised in pens on terrible feed, they are raised in their own waste, then shucked by slave labor. Even the wild caught sea food is harvested in ways that devastate the environment. I advise all my friends to only buy shrimp which says "wild caught" and from either the Gulf, or from Alaska waters. If you go to a restaurant and get shrimp from a salad bar or cooked in some dish it is likely from Asia, not the USA.

I will concur with your warnings about pond-raised Asian seafood. I do not concur about your remarks of "slave labor". Spend some time in the Far East and you will discover hard-working people participating in free enterprise.

Rosenberg; Bellevue, WA.
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post
    I will concur with your warnings about pond-raised Asian seafood. I do not concur about your remarks of "slave labor". Spend some time in the Far East and you will discover hard-working people participating in free enterprise.

Rosenberg; Bellevue, WA.
    One of many sources:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shrimp-s...o-slave-labor/

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Never, NEVER, buy fish or meat from Asian countries, especially shrimp. Not only are they raised in pens on terrible feed, they are raised in their own waste, then shucked by slave labor. Even the wild caught sea food is harvested in ways that devastate the environment. I advise all my friends to only buy shrimp which says "wild caught" and from either the Gulf, or from Alaska waters. If you go to a restaurant and get shrimp from a salad bar or cooked in some dish it is likely from Asia, not the USA.
    +1. I tell everyone the same thing. Alaska or nothing.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

You don't have to go to China to see the affects of giving people bad food and water....

http://theweek.com/articles/597755/h...ors_picks=true
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    You don't have to go to China to see the affects of giving people bad food and water....

http://theweek.com/articles/597755/h...ors_picks=true
    to be fair, the sampling data shows the finished water never exceeded the action level for lead of 15 ppb

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    to be fair, the sampling data shows the finished water never exceeded the action level for lead of 15 ppb
    Forty percent (40.1%) of the first draw samples are over 5 parts per billion (ppb). That is, 101 out of 252 water samples from Flint homes had first draw lead more than 5 ppb. Even more worrisome, given that we could not target “worst case” homes with lead plumbing that are required for EPA sampling, Flint’s 90%’ile lead value is 25 ppb in our survey. This is over the EPA allowed level of 15 ppb that is applied to high risk homes. This is a serious concern indeed. Several samples exceeded 100 ppb, and one sample collected after 45 seconds of flushing exceeded 1000 ppb.
    http://flintwaterstudy.org/2015/09/o...d-copper-rule/

Did a quick search out of curiosity and found the above, for what it's worth (emphasis in the original).

Apparently the issue is not lead level at the treatement plant, but the fact that the PH is way low and is leaching heavy metal from the plumbing infrastructure...

If this conversation was over in the shooting forum we would be told that lead is natural and therefore perfectly safe to consume. Same could be said for shrimp raised on pig **** tho too, eh?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Truth be known, look into what is being fed in feed lots and poultry houses all over the US. Yeah, it's been "processed" but you don't want to know what they're putting into animal feeds here in the US.

Bottom line-

Don't sell your rifles and rods if you give a hoot about what you eat.

Hank Jr said, "raised on shotgun".

Edwin Hubble

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    Hank Jr said, "raised on shotgun".
    Yup. My grandpap fed my mom and the rest of the family all through the depression on half a box of 12 gauge shells and the best part of 2 boxes of 22 shorts. But the man could snare a shadow passing by on a dark night. Didn't need much ammo even with 5 hungry mouths when that man was setting traps. Snared enough jackrabbits to feed up a couple of pigs and a bunch of chickens each year too, so it wasn't quite all wild game.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    http://flintwaterstudy.org/2015/09/o...d-copper-rule/

Did a quick search out of curiosity and found the above, for what it's worth (emphasis in the original).

Apparently the issue is not lead level at the treatement plant, but the fact that the PH is way low and is leaching heavy metal from the plumbing infrastructure...

If this conversation was over in the shooting forum we would be told that lead is natural and therefore perfectly safe to consume. Same could be said for shrimp raised on pig **** tho too, eh?
    also of interest is that the blood level data going back to 2012 shows no change over the last 4 years, indicating that the elevated blood lead levels are not attributed to the Flint River source water, which has only been used since Aug 2015. Additionally, blood lead levels rise sharply during summer months

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    also of interest is that the blood level data going back to 2012 shows no change over the last 4 years, indicating that the elevated blood lead levels are not attributed to the Flint River source water, which has only been used since Aug 2015. Additionally, blood lead levels rise sharply during summer months
    I'm not digging into it anymore so will take your word for it, but I wonder what tests you're looking at, and how trustworthy it is. Apparently, there are allegations or suspicions of potential impropriety regarding previous "official" test results... I assume you're already aware of that.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I'm not digging into it anymore so will take your word for it, but I wonder what tests you're looking at, and how trustworthy it is. Apparently, there are allegations or suspicions of potential impropriety regarding previous "official" test results... I assume you're already aware of that.
    im looking at the data submitted to the EPA. The matter of the trustworthiness of the data is subjective and polarizing. The interesting part of this is that the level of lead in kids blood has been consistently elevated for years, and the fact that it fluctuates seasonally could indicate the the lead is coming from environmental factors other than drinking water.

78 people now have legionnaires thanks to this.

Edwin Hubble