Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabin Fever Preventative Medicine

Default Cabin Fever Preventative Medicine

Seems like cabin fever is starting to set in with the lack of snow, warm weather and whatever causes it.

So ideas to prevent cabin fever.

I took all of the hunting gear out, itemized it into bins by usage (treestand hunting, backpack camping, straps +ropes + buckles). Then sorted all of the clothes by camo type group. (Cabelas guide pattern, Predator fall pattern, Underarmor)

Any other ideas to be productive this winter?
    I know the tread mill is certainly being used.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Well I for one will be going to chase muskox on Nunivak in just over three weeks! Should do the trick!

Predator hunting and backcountry skiing are my go-to cures. The backcountry skiing this year, well... That said, the hiking in the mountains ain't bad right now!

If your in south-central the moose have started dropping antlers. My buddy got a matched set this morning. With the current snow situation and if we don't get any soon it could be a pickers paradise.

Default Ways to cure Cabin Fever

Welllllllllll......

I come here and count dead horses, occasionally I try to be helpful.....Typically by taking the stick and getting in a few licks myself, allowing someone to take a breather.....

Otherwise I'm aspiring to see if I can get the beard to mid-chest in time for Spring fishing.

#KeepItHonest
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ZwJiK0fJ0

The Dark days......Listening to music cleaning, repairing and making camping gear, sleds, bags, sleeping bag, harpoons, athe ride in tune, traps all chained and dyed..and feeling itchy now that Fur is Prime.....

~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ZwJiK0fJ0

The Dark days......Listening to music cleaning, repairing and making camping gear, sleds, bags, sleeping bag, harpoons, athe ride in tune, traps all chained and dyed..and feeling itchy now that Fur is Prime.....

~~LOL!!~~
    Yeah, you don't count..... you're too busy, and there ain't enough hours in the day for you guys to sit around and catch cabin fever.....lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Welllllllllll......

I come here and count dead horses, occasionally I try to be helpful.....Typically by taking the stick and getting in a few licks myself, allowing someone to take a breather.....

Otherwise I'm aspiring to see if I can get the beard to mid-chest in time for Spring fishing.

#KeepItHonest

You're good. Thanks for the laugh.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I have been getting a hike in most days. A couple miles, with the dogs. Still packing the 'big heat' too. Dang bears. We get out most weekends and recreate with our Outdoor Club. I have a Fire Wise project in the works. Several spruce on the ground already and 4 more to fall. Lots of wood for the stove. That will keep me busy for a few days.

Found out today is check fletching day. Apparently the last 2 dozen arrows I bought have LH Helix, not RH offset straight and are mixed in with the others. Then I noticed one from the same company that has 2 RH and one LH fletching. So about 70-80 arrows to check and possibly re-fletch.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Found out today is check fletching day. Apparently the last 2 dozen arrows I bought have LH Helix, not RH offset straight and are mixed in with the others. Then I noticed one from the same company that has 2 RH and one LH fletching. So about 70-80 arrows to check and possibly re-fletch.

Dang. Now I have to go look at mine.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Welllllllllll......

#KeepItHonest
    Be careful a long beard and a fishing reel can be a painful combo. The halibut reel has taken many whiskers

Honey do lists....the ones I always put off. Hunting trip research is also good.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Reloading? Shooting reloads? My wife took up fly tying. Split wood for next year. Learn to tie nets. Sell all non-used hunting/camping equipment on eBay - use $ for going hunting down south next winter - seasons still going here in TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Any other ideas to be productive this winter?
    Haul water, split firewood, build new dining table/benches, construct a partition wall between eating and sleeping area, build and hang doors on garage/barn/shop and get heat working.... No shortage of things to do.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I think I am going to go through the sheep gear list and pack up the pack. Then start hiking with it.

This will guarantee that I draw a buffalo tag instead.

I have an idea for you, Dave. As a former teacher, you must be itching to get back into the classroom. Want to come grade some papers? I could keep you busy all winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I have an idea for you, Dave. As a former teacher, you must be itching to get back into the classroom. Want to come grade some papers? I could keep you busy all winter!
    I am finding enough things to do around the house to keep busy. Watching the news, drinking tea, reloading, watching the Outdoor Channel. All things that "someone" has to do.
    Grading papers is easy. Stand at the top of the stairwell. Throw the papers down the staircase. Those that weight the most (more ink) fall farther and get a higher grade. Done!!!

I mounted a scope on my new rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast