Thread: You Know Lure/Bait is Good When....

Default You Know Lure/Bait is Good When....

Was talking w/ my Brother in Law about lure and such. We laugh at some of the things we do. You know you are a trapper when you open up a bottle of something that smells bad, just to prove it once again...
    So, before you get out on the trap line, how do you know (hope) the lure is "good". Something like:

You know lure is good when your Labrador can't help but lick the bottle.
    You know that lure is good when the dog races through the open door of the garage and finds the trapping box.
    You know lure is good when you open a bucket of something that smells, well, basically awful, hold your breath, get your business done, close the lid, walk up wind, take a breath, and it still smells.

You know when Lure is good when.....

ARR

You know your lure is good when you can "smell" your truck in a parking lot full of autos a block away!
    You know your lure is good when all your co-workers slowly move away from you!
    You know your lure is good when you walk by a blind man and he says, "How are fur prices"?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

You know lure is good when your partner can smell it following you down the trail.

When a drop or 2 on the room radiator emptied the English class room minutes before a test. I understand the teacher refused to return to the room all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    When a drop or 2 on the room radiator emptied the English class room minutes before a test. I understand the teacher refused to return to the room all day.
    That reminds me of a kid in High School that put a bottle of skunk essence in a load of scrap wood from the wood shop that got dumped into a incinerator daily that somehow was in combination with the school heating system - when that filtered through the entire school it was let out early!
    And no, that was not me!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

You know your trapping lure is good or well at least interesting when you have an entire C-49 shipment headed for Coffman Cove (if I remember right) unloaded because it smells like an acre of Marijuana inside. Yep. Can't remember the kind of scent its was, but it smells just like weed. Emptied the entire aircraft just to find a box full of lure and no weed. LOL
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

That would have been a Curtis Wright C-46 if I do recall correctly. I forgot about that. Now that is funny. So are the events related to schools.
    You know your lure is good when a little bit on a scrap of paper, thrown to the middle of a van that looked like a badger in heat lived inside, caused the driver to empty the whole lot of tools and electrical components to find what it was... No pictures, no proof officer.
    ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    That reminds me of a kid in High School that put a bottle of skunk essence in a load of scrap wood from the wood shop that got dumped into a incinerator daily that somehow was in combination with the school heating system - when that filtered through the entire school it was let out early!
    And no, that was not me!
    If I remember correctly, it was a couple drops of fox urine that got the job done.

You know lure is good when you get pulled over by the cops/ or troopers and the first thing they ask is " you have any controlled substances in your vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by AKtrpr View Post
    You know lure is good when you get pulled over by the cops/ or troopers and the first thing they ask is " you have any controlled substances in your vehicle?
    Isn't that the first thing they ask anyway, when they're patrolling the Valley?

Supporting Member

You know your lure is good...when all the loose dogs in the neighborhood mark your truck tires.