Thread: Shrimp pattern from a straw neet

Default Shrimp pattern from a straw neet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwE5tzbwKSs From you tube it looks great

there was a man called Benny at the fly tyers group would go crazy over this one just a tidbid SID

I saw some vids of his a few months back. Amazing work!!! Thanks for posting, I enjoyed watching it again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

thanks Fin Chaser, but my Question to you is have you tried it yet ? it took me a few [12 ] to get it to where it look good
    SID

That video inspired me to look into these bad boys. Holy cow. Fuggedabout all the dubbing and thising and thating in the attached tutorial video. Their approach takes about 20 minutes per fly. I use a little calf tail and rubber legs first for a rostrum and legs, follow it with 3 or 4 turns of Puglisi's 1 1/2" brush, lay down a chenille body and rib it with Puglisi's 1/2" brush. Tie down the shell and you're done. Takes about 5 minutes if I stop to for a few sips of coffee in the middle.

Here's what you get doing it my way:

Been using them on a visit to Florida this winter. They should be illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    thanks Fin Chaser, but my Question to you is have you tried it yet ? it took me a few [12 ] to get it to where it look good
    SID roud:
    No I haven't. I think I would go through a whole lot of material to get just one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

.woops....

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    That video inspired me to look into these bad boys. Holy cow. Fuggedabout all the dubbing and thising and thating in the attached tutorial video. Their approach takes about 20 minutes per fly. I use a little calf tail and rubber legs first for a rostrum and legs, follow it with 3 or 4 turns of Puglisi's 1 1/2" brush, lay down a chenille body and rib it with Puglisi's 1/2" brush. Tie down the shell and you're done. Takes about 5 minutes if I stop to for a few sips of coffee in the middle.

Here's what you get doing it my way:

Been using them on a visit to Florida this winter. They should be illegal!
    Sure look great but yeah, 23 minutes per fly seems a bit much just to possibly loose one on the first big fish. Yours look fantastic too...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Nice tie, Brown Bear! Are you burning heavy mono for eyes?

Check the link I provided. The eyes are pre-printed onto the shellbacks. Following the directions on the vid (at least on that point!), I put a dab of medium thickness UV cement onto the eyespot and hit that with a UV light. It's surprising how much it makes the eye stand out.