Thread: Another "range bag"

Default Another "range bag"

I picked up a large and well made dark earth colored Voodoo Tactical Scorpion Range Bag the other day and I am loading it up with so much stuff I will need help lifting it. This bag has all kinds of large and small pockets for about every thing including spent brass. Below is my basic range bag list of stuff that will always be in the bag, except for the binoculars and spotting scope.

If I left out any necessities let me know please. Shooting rests/bags and Lead Sled will not be in Range Bag and chronograph only when wanted. Some of the stuff won't be needed every time I go to the range, but some of it might be and I don't want to have to make a return trip to the range due to poor planning. I like to have what I consider productive range sessions that promote good safe shooting habits and techniques.

Eye and ear protection!
    Lens cleaning cloth
    Small gunsmith screw driver set
    Small gun smith hammer
    Leatherman Multi tool
    2 piece cleaning rod
    Otis Rifle cleaning kit
    Hand gun cleaning kit
    Cleaning patches and brushes
    M-Pro 7 Cleaning Solvent - this stuff will be kept in a separate sealed container.
    M-Pro 7 Gun Oil - separate sealed container
    Ink pen
    Small note book
    Spotting scope & table tripod
    Binoculars
    Ammo
    Magazines/speed loaders
    Stapler & staples
    Black & tan masking tape
    Rifle & Pistol Targets
    Shooting gloves
    Band aids
    Hand wipes
    Tweezers
    Kitchen sink!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

That reminds me of a Vest I bought, because of the Many pockets, but when I filled up all the pockets, it was too heavy to wear and pack around.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

No kidding, I have a vest like that too. Fortunately the Range Bag will go from my shop/garage to the truck, to the shooting table and back. I think my mini Schnauzer Otto will fit in there, but he is scared to death of gun fire and fire crackers.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    No kidding, I have a vest like that too. Fortunately the Range Bag will go from my shop/garage to the truck, to the shooting table and back. I think my mini Schnauzer Otto will fit in there, but he is scared to death of gun fire and fire crackers.
    That sounds good. All you need then, is some wheels and a harness for Otto.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

My range bag consists of two five gallon buckets with a bunch of stuff tossed in usually!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....