Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Inflatable Canoe or Kayak- Soar replacement

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    442

    Default Inflatable Canoe or Kayak- Soar replacement

    I bought a 16' Soar in about 2001 and have used it since. I am looking to upgrade to maybe something else - with an equal capacity for one to use with a camp and moose or for two and a couple caribou etc. I'd like to revisit the topic again and am interested in a flat bottom craft I can still use a kayak paddle, maybe oar locks, for one or two people for hunting and paddling trips.

    Anything new out there? Any links? I need technical product links and user satisfaction reports. Thanks!
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Woodsman View Post
    I bought a 16' Soar in about 2001 and have used it since. I am looking to upgrade to maybe something else - with an equal capacity for one to use with a camp and moose or for two and a couple caribou etc. I'd like to revisit the topic again and am interested in a flat bottom craft I can still use a kayak paddle, maybe oar locks, for one or two people for hunting and paddling trips.

    Anything new out there? Any links? I need technical product links and user satisfaction reports. Thanks!
    Read the Kaboat thread over in the canoe section. I am looking at getting a 15' version. I have two friends here who have used them.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    Read the Kaboat thread over in the canoe section. I am looking at getting a 15' version. I have two friends here who have used them.
    Will do Cornelius... Have you checked out the Pristine ventures Legend or Pioneer X-tream? Both are interesting but guess I'd go for the X-treme. I don't need or want a motor on it. Thanks!
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Woodsman View Post
    Will do Cornelius... Have you checked out the Pristine ventures Legend or Pioneer X-tream? Both are interesting but guess I'd go for the X-treme. I don't need or want a motor on it. Thanks!
    I have not checked those out. I currently have a 13' Achilles with 25 hp but I want something I can row. Motor will be nice but not a priority. I'll check these two out.

  5. #5
    Member ChugiakTinkerer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    683

    Default

    The Sportsman's Warehouse in Anchorage used to have an Pioneer X-Stream on the showroom floor. They may still, just been a while since I was in there. It was just a little too small for my needs but probably exactly what you're looking for.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •