Thread: Inflatable Canoe or Kayak- Soar replacement

Default Inflatable Canoe or Kayak- Soar replacement

I bought a 16' Soar in about 2001 and have used it since. I am looking to upgrade to maybe something else - with an equal capacity for one to use with a camp and moose or for two and a couple caribou etc. I'd like to revisit the topic again and am interested in a flat bottom craft I can still use a kayak paddle, maybe oar locks, for one or two people for hunting and paddling trips.

Anything new out there? Any links? I need technical product links and user satisfaction reports. Thanks!
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Woodsman View Post
    I bought a 16' Soar in about 2001 and have used it since. I am looking to upgrade to maybe something else - with an equal capacity for one to use with a camp and moose or for two and a couple caribou etc. I'd like to revisit the topic again and am interested in a flat bottom craft I can still use a kayak paddle, maybe oar locks, for one or two people for hunting and paddling trips.

Anything new out there? Any links? I need technical product links and user satisfaction reports. Thanks!
    Read the Kaboat thread over in the canoe section. I am looking at getting a 15' version. I have two friends here who have used them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    Read the Kaboat thread over in the canoe section. I am looking at getting a 15' version. I have two friends here who have used them.
    Will do Cornelius... Have you checked out the Pristine ventures Legend or Pioneer X-tream? Both are interesting but guess I'd go for the X-treme. I don't need or want a motor on it. Thanks!
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Woodsman View Post
    Will do Cornelius... Have you checked out the Pristine ventures Legend or Pioneer X-tream? Both are interesting but guess I'd go for the X-treme. I don't need or want a motor on it. Thanks!
    I have not checked those out. I currently have a 13' Achilles with 25 hp but I want something I can row. Motor will be nice but not a priority. I'll check these two out.

The Sportsman's Warehouse in Anchorage used to have an Pioneer X-Stream on the showroom floor. They may still, just been a while since I was in there. It was just a little too small for my needs but probably exactly what you're looking for.