Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2015 Sheep and Deer hunt pics

Default My 2015 Sheep and Deer hunt pics

Spent 10 days in the mountains before I harvested this ram. ADFG put him at 12 years old, 38 in and holds his mass way out. I also found a winter kill about as big. Was supper happy with the hunt. Saw plenty of legal Rams, and no other hunters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are a couple Deer from Kodiak. Last I hunted there was 20 years ago, was good to get back. Wind blew non stop, but was still a great hunt with some good friends. Note to self- bring more whiskey next time! Hunting partners said they don't like whiskey but turns out they did when mixed with hot apple cider. Ha,ha. Well these were my two hunts for this year, both awesome. Not going to count the 4 hrs I spent calling moose behind the cabin as a hunt😀
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stud of a ram. I've yet to find a winter kill ram. I need to spend more time in the mountains!
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Beautiful bucks! And even more stunning ram! Congratulation on all. I'm going to go mop my drool off the floor and pray I get the chance to chase sheep this upcoming year!

Lots of good looking groceries there
    The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

" Saw plenty of legal Rams, and no other hunters."
    Sounds like you found heaven.

Yeah, that is one beautiful ram! Nice and symmetrical. Heavy bases too. Nice job. I'm jealous. Sheep and deer. No better eating than that.

Very nice! Congrats! Two rams for the price of one. Now go buy a lotto ticket!

Wow what a year! Looks like you've got quite the little sheep honey hole! Great work!

Congrats great looking ram

Quote Originally Posted by SkwentnaMan View Post
    Spent 10 days in the mountains before I harvested this ram. ADFG put him at 12 years old, 38 in and holds his mass way out. I also found a winter kill about as big. Was supper happy with the hunt. Saw plenty of legal Rams, and no other hunters.
    Not just you saw legal rams, but your saw PLENTY of legal rams....AND no other hunters. You found a hunter's Nirvana my friend...!!! And yes he does hold his mass out very well. What were the measurements on the bases?

Congrats...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

you sure those aren't his sheds from the year before?

wait...crapped myself. did you just say theres a place in alaska a guide don't have tied up, where theres not even resident hunters over running the place?!?!? naaaa i have followed the threads in this forum and was under the impression this didn't exsist anymore....don't tell me some folks were blowing things outa proportion cause they were bent outa shape?!
    haha
    great ram there man, congrats on getting it done!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Saw plenty of legal Rams, and no other hunters.
    Here comes the PM's!

Wait a minute....did you draw the Denali National Park resident drive-in permit? I tried to tell my wife the drive in permit included a sheep as well.

Nice sheep!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod123 View Post
    Wait a minute....did you draw the Denali National Park resident drive-in permit? I tried to tell my wife the drive in permit included a sheep as well.

Nice sheep!
    That's funny. This was open area non permit, non draw, hunt.

No one is commenting on the deer, just a bunch of sheep herders here I guess.😃

Congrats on the successful hunts. With a Dall ram and a couple of Sitka Blacktail bucks in the freezer I'd be "supper" happy too!
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Nice bucks, Mr., but that ram is really something! Good job finding a honey hole and thanks for sharing some pics.

Nice job looks as though you had a great year the rams alone would have been something amazing.
    Thanks for the pictures makes the winter go by faster.
    Dan

Talking

Whopper of a ram! Congratulations! Please just post the GPS coordinates of all of your hunting areas. Much simpler that way!

No one is commenting on the deer, just a bunch of sheep herders here I guess.
    Sorry, but those bucks aren't even in the same ballpark as that sheep. Hellofa ram there . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast