Thread: Couple of random questions

Default Couple of random questions

First, sheep hunters, how many of you guys take bivi's with you on your hunts. If so how often do you use it?

second question is I would like to take my caribou antlers with me to Oklahoma next week. What is the best way to get them ready for the flight? I know the tips have to be protected.

Thanks fellas

Last time I flew antlers out of AK they charged an "antler fee" of $50. Even though they were split and in a box that looked like any other box. I made the mistake of telling them what was in the box.

I always take a Gore Tex outer liner for my bag on sheep and goat hunts. Other hunts also. One one sheep hunt I used it for 6 days straight without a tent. Rain and all.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I have started carrying a TiGoat bivy in recent years. I haven't had to use it yet but for very minimal weight it is nice insurance to have along.

I just receive an Outdoor Research Alpine Bivy for Christmas after a few years of looking at it, and I'm hoping to deploy it this year. I've only been on two sheep hunts, but I can think of instances during both hunts where 1) I could have really used it and 2) believe it could have significantly increased my chances of harvest.

I think the model I have is slightly heavier than most, but my hope IA that I can carry it with my bag/pad and truly have a well protected place to sleep on any given night when way up high.