Thread: WTB Bolt Action with irons

Default WTB Bolt Action with irons

I'm looking for a bolt action rifle with iron sights preferably 35 Whelen or something I can turn into one like a 30.06, .270, 25.06. I'd prefer a mauser action but it's not a deal breaker. I'd like the rifle to be in the neighbor hood of 7 to 8lbs and under $500.00.
    Interarms Mark X comes to mind... anyone want to sell something?

Mountaintrekker

Why.....bolt action.....??? Why not the Remington 750 in 35 Whelen. Right out of the box complete with sights.

.300 Win Mag RugerM77MKII, walnut, blue steel, nice shape, iron sights and rings. Remington 798 Mauser action, .375 H&H, new never fired. Laminate stock, gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Why.....bolt action.....??? Why not the Remington 750 in 35 Whelen. Right out of the box complete with sights.
    Because I've had several Remington 74's, 7400, 7600 etc. and was not impressed with accuracy, balance or durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    .300 Win Mag RugerM77MKII, walnut, blue steel, nice shape, iron sights and rings. Remington 798 Mauser action, .375 H&H, new never fired. Laminate stock, gorgeous.
    I'm itchin for a .35 Whelen neither rifle you have is one nor could be converted without a monster rebuild project. Thanks though.

OK, a Ruger M77MKII, 270, no irons and its got the old style boat paddle stock, it's stainless but I had it duracoated black, its got a Leopold VXII 3x9x50 on it, it's nice and accurate I just don't use it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    OK, a Ruger M77MKII, 270, no irons and its got the old style boat paddle stock, it's stainless but I had it duracoated black, its got a Leopold VXII 3x9x50 on it, it's nice and accurate I just don't use it anymore
    What's your asking price?

400.00. If you want to send me a phone number or email, I'll send pics

I don't have a gun for sale but you can convert a 300wm easily to a 350 rem mag which is the ballistic twin of a 35 Whelen. I had one on a long action and it was awesome for loading those 250gr round nose bullets and you can form 350 rem Mag from a lot of other magnum calibers by cutting the case off just above the shoulder and running thru a 350 rem mag sizing die. Just food for thought and all it takes is a barrel on a 300win mag rifle to convert. Mine was a 700ADL and it feed and all just fine after a barrel swap. You could even have it devoted by JES reboring for about $225 I think I to have the barrel bored to a 35-300 or have it set back and rechambered to 35 something??

Remington mod 700BDL custom Deluxe new in box $600.00 discounted to $550.00 has iron sights an is 30-06 see my post.
    fshrman