Thread: 31" - 32" Draw Length Suggestions

Default 31" - 32" Draw Length Suggestions

So....Christmas this year for both the granddaughter and grandson involved new bows and/or other archery gear

....and they both want grandpa to shoot with them. Perfect excuse to update the old Hoyt GGII

Any recommendations on something suitable for AK hunting that has a 31 - 32" draw length? I can make either 31 or 32 work depending on high or low anchor....shorter than 31 and I'm out of luck.

Needs to be a compound in the 50 - 70? 80? # range. 50# cause I'm old. 70-ish cause that's what the old one was at.

Would prefer to keep price below (as much below as realistic) one Airplane Unit ("APU") for bow, sight, release. I've got some leftover stuff (quiver, dampers, etc) that can presumably simply be screwed into a new bow. ("APU": for those that have no airplane, one APU = $1,000)

thx

PA12drvr

Wow? How tall are you?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Wow? How tall are you?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    No doubt! Must have about a 7ft wingspan!

Not a common brand, but maybe a Darton bow could fit you. I am a card carrying knuckledragger, "only" 6ft 4in. but my arms are long.

I looked at quite a few before I got mine, a few years ago so not a current model. The main reason was it had a cam swap package that would adjust to 31" draw. Even with that setup, the best form and comfort required lengthening the connector of my release between the wrist strap and mechanism. That little mod really helped, now my trigger finger touches at the "fingerprint" area or past the last joint instead of the middle.
    Good luck, seems that the over 30" draw length really limits your choices. Maybe Mathews?

I've got an extra 4" in my wingspan compared to my height, and ended up at 31" with my Parker that I got a few years ago. It's at home tucked away so I can't even recall the model name. This was back when we had the archery shop in Eagle River, was it Full Draw? Anyhoo, the bow defaulted to 30" but replacing one of the cam inserts tweaked it to 31". That might be the route you have to go.

Mathews Z9 can be had in a 32" draw. There's one on craigslist right now that's $400 for the bare bow, however right now it's set up for a 30" draw

Thanks for the info, guys. Yes...if my height had matched the knuckle-dragging aspects, I'd be a high-paid pro athlete by now.

Appreciate the feedback.

thx
    PA12drvr

Sponsor

We have Z9 cams in stock, along with the bow, new. Let us know if you decide to go the used route, I'd be glad to make sure it fits. Come by the shop if you get time, we have quite a few options around 1 APU.
    Chris