Thread: Seldovia Lodging recommendations

Default Seldovia Lodging recommendations

Looking for lodging at Seldovia for a couple nights around the 4th of July. Would like to have docking access. Don't need fancy, but clean and comfortable would be nice. Any recommendations?

pet friendly would be great too.

Dock access means talking to the harbor master and reserving a slip, tough that weekend. Not sure who is pet friendly. Dancing Eagle is nice. Great views and great people.

https://www.facebook.com/alaskadancingeagles/

Give Jenny Chissus a call; 907-406-0044. She's a realtor there and lives in Seldovia year-round. Super helpful.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Give Jenny Chissus a call; 907-406-0044. She's a realtor there and lives in Seldovia year-round. Super helpful.
    +1 on that...ask about the Coal House Bungalow, a vacation rental Paul and Jenny run at their home...not harbor adjacent, but close, reasonable, and the finish work is nice if I may toot my own horn...but if it's not already booked for the 4th it will be soon, so ya better get on it....
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Coal house is booked. Most everything was. Harbor inn. No reservations for the transient slips. They are first come first served. Said they have never ran out of room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't help you on the lodging, but I can say with utmost certainty that the fully loaded burger at the Linwood is the best hamburger I've ever had. I love Seldovia.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Years ago we use to raft together until the harbor was almost full. We stayed on the boats and partied for 3 to 4 days. Have not been there the last 20 years for the 4th so it may have changed. Never did have problems getting in, just kept pack in and tying together. Can you stay on the boat? Tarp the back?

Hook

That was one of my first thoughts but then re-read post; clean, comfortable, pet friendly, couple of nights. Didn't see the mention of a wife(s) but if that's in the equation don't think the boat is gonna cut it!
    If all else fails how bout seeing if there's a place across the bay from the harbor or even Jakolof? Means you gotta "run" to town but it would be close. Jenny would probably know about places to rent out & about.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

There will be 4 of us. We got a room at the Seldovia Harbor Inn.

2 of us will stay on the boat with the dogs. Going to try for some butts/lings one day and hit polly for some clammage 1 day.

4TH of July in Seldovia was always a great weekend when I was a kid. Been stuck in Bristol Bay for the 4th ever since.

As in Polly Creek? We run to Seldovia from time to time; we could rendezvous for beverages!

Yes, polly creek for clams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk