Thread: Dan Montgomery

Default Dan Montgomery

Hi. I am planning a sheep hunt and considering Dan...I know I have to draw a tag for this hunt. I'm just trying to find info about his area, percentage and quality of hunt. Please PM me if you don't feel comfortable sharing your thoughts here.

Thanks.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5-284 View Post
    Hi. I am planning a sheep hunt and considering Dan...I know I have to draw a tag for this hunt. I'm just trying to find info about his area, percentage and quality of hunt. Please PM me if you don't feel comfortable sharing your thoughts here.

Thanks.

Joe

Haven't hunted with Dan but have a good friend who has and shot a 170+ ram in a non draw area 10 years ago. I think when you do your research you will find he has a great operation with a reputation of killing some of the biggest Rams coming out of the Chugach range..

never heard anything bad about dan. remember percentage, success rate, area and quality don't mean squat if you can't do the work and climb the mountains.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Give him a call. He will be going to the Sheep Show in a couple of weeks. He is a stand up guy and has been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    never heard anything bad about dan. remember percentage, success rate, area and quality don't mean squat if you can't do the work and climb the mountains.
    Wait...What? I thought the guided hunts put you on top of a sheep without having to hunt, work hard, exercise, or even decide where to take a crap. huh....

Thanks for the info. Having been on 3 other sheep hunts and other multiple trips to AK I am fully aware of the what it means to be in "sheep shape" and will be properly conditioned and prepared...

If you are looking to kill a big ram, this is another guide you might want to take a look at....

www.tokmanagementarea.com