Thread: Solid Drawbar to haul snowmachine

Default Solid Drawbar to haul snowmachine

Has anyone built or bought a solid drawbar system so a snowmachine can be hauled behind my Bearcat without having to have a passenger on a towed machine to operate the brake? Any photos or links to commercial products would be appreciated.

I built a tow bar that could be hooked to the skis or the front bumper. Worked great every time I used it. If the machine being towed is hooked close behind the towing machine, it will steer itself just like a car being towed with a tow bar.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Why do you want/need to operated the brakes are you going down a very steep hill?

I've never needed brakes on a sled getting towed. I just hook to the ski loops or the bumper. But I use 2 ropes to hook to a bumper that way it self steers.

Quote Originally Posted by hilfikerkg View Post
    Has anyone built or bought a solid drawbar system so a snowmachine can be hauled behind my Bearcat without having to have a passenger on a towed machine to operate the brake? Any photos or links to commercial products would be appreciated.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ3_yjqZ_1Y
    I think this is what your looking for ? They work good , Don't forget to drop the belt on the machine that is being towed.

That is perfect. I was concerned about attaching to the handle grips on the ski, but my tow is fairly flat terrain so looks like it will be ok.

I really did not want to have to pay attention to the towed sled running into me. I will also be pulling some "classics" that have a narrow ski stance that may not startle the tunnel like you do with the snow bungee technique.